Voice Recorder Software – Removing Vocals With Reverse Phasing

Voice Recorder Software – Removing vocals from an mp3 song

In this little video I show how to remove vocals using reverse phasing from a song. It doesn’t matter if  its an mp3 or wav . This technique will work for any stereo file BUT it must be stereo.

The basic formula behind this technique is

1 : First you invert the phase of one side of a song e.g. the right channel

2 : Then you mono the normal left channel and the inverted right channel .

What happens is anything that is mono in the original track will disappear.

Usually the Kik , Snare , lead vocals & bass are mixed in mono in most songs , So this means that the Kik , Snare , lead vocals & bass will disappear.

Basically whatever is panned or has a stereo effect on it will stay behind .

for e.g. Backing vocals , keyboards , panned guitars , reverbs etc..

There are a few benefits to this little secret .

1 : I often use this technique to study other peoples music . By eliminating instruments I can hear instruments that are usually hidden in the mix , I can also usually hear the chords of the song more clearly to decipher whats going on.

2 : The main reason why most people use this trick is to remove vocals from a song.

3 : Finally another very good benefit is the ability to sample sounds hidden deep in the track that nobody would suspect is possible to have access to. BUT …I advise you to seriously be careful with sampling other people’s music . You can get sued if your not careful .

If you have any other benefits that you can think of to use this technique for then please leave a comment :-)

This entry was posted in Voice Recorder Software and tagged removing vocals, removing vocals from mp3, removing vocals from song, removing vocals with audacity. Bookmark the permalink.

Facebook comments:

208 Responses to Voice Recorder Software – Removing Vocals With Reverse Phasing

1. Juan Aragon Perez says:

Hola David, ¿Como estas?

I have just received your e-mail with the video Removing vocals, very impressive if I may say so, specially the crispy and clean clarity of the sound that you always managed to bring into your recordings, it shows what a great profesional your father was and what a great job he did with you, ja ja ja.

A while back I used to “nearly” removed vocals from some songs with the program Audacity, but most of the time it did not worked.
    By the way and out of curiosity, what is the name of the program you use for removing vocals?

My congratulations to the girl singing in the video, beautiful voice, specially in the last second of the recording when a harmony voice comes in and it managed to get a wonderful african flavour’s harmony sound.

Best regards.

Juan

• DavidCampos says:

Thanks Juan for the kind words. “Munto Obrigado”

Unfortunately The lady singing in the song passed away a month ago. She was only 35 and it is a real loss of talent . I will always remember her.

Kind Regards

David Campos

• Dickson says:

Thanks David, it was very educating, pls I am still looking forward for a pro mixing and mastering.
      Thanks D

2. bbuck822 says:

[..YouTube..] Very cool, thanks David!

3. [..YouTube..] @bbuck822 Thanks bro !!

4. Shéa says:

Great lesson David. Keep them coming!

5. Thomazm says:

Nice one.More of those David. ;-)

6. encantoxx says:

[..YouTube..] name songs’ ???????? please

7. jass says:

hey dude which software should i use for this trick…..

8. [..YouTube..] what is this program?? and where is the download link?

9. [..YouTube..] @DarkAssasin619 This is Logic Studio but you can do this technique on any DAW (Digital Audio Workstation )

• Theo says:

Unfortunately i cannot afford Logic and use Adobe, but I tried this method and it worked as far as one Channel being inverted, the problem was that Adobe only allows a mix-down to mono of both channels into one, this is a problem as i create my own DTS audio to listen to.

This method would be ideal for me to do the surround sound as it removes the main vocals which is exactly what i need. i live in Durban and would like to hear from you.

10. [..YouTube..] @encantoxx You can do this trick with almost any song. Try it out .

11. encantoxx says:

[..YouTube..] @DavidCamposComposer thanks … have if I provide the name of the songs you have in that video editing … I really liked

12. [..YouTube..] @encantoxx theres two songs in this video 1, jack johnson : 2: the second one I composed

13. encantoxx says:

[..YouTube..] @encantoxx can not find them, I have no name … thanks anyway

14. encantoxx says:

[..YouTube..] can not find them, I have no name … thanks anyway

15. GrantPmusic says:

[..YouTube..] Can the Bass part in a song be removed in a similiar way so that someone playing bass can play along with a song with the bass part removed?Has anyone tried this?

16. [..YouTube..] @GrantPmusic Grant !! anything that is mono in the mix including the bass will disappear when you do this .

17. waqas says:

hi david,
    I am student and i want to do some projects on audio processing. so kindly do tell me, is it possible to remove vocals from mp3 wihtout using any software, i mean can it be implemented with DSP boards?

thanks

• DavidCampos says:

When you say DSP boards are you refering to rackmount processors or a channel strip ?

The answer is yes , You can do this trick on a normal mixing desk. just invert the left channel , and pan it into the middle and pan the right channel into the middle and…voila !!

18. otze2007 says:

[..YouTube..] wow…thx..is it in the other way possible? to get only the vocals?

19. [..YouTube..] That is possible BUT very complicated :-)

• aaron says:

Just got logic studio! Is it possible to just keep the vocals on the mp3? How? and if to complicated to explain maybe a suggestion on an article, website, or video tutorial somewhere? Thanx in advance!

20. [..YouTube..] That is possible BUT very complicated :-)

21. aneesh r p says:

how to download vocal remove soft ware

22. DSTCPF says:

[..YouTube..] Thanks that is very helpful but what program are you using? Thanks again

23. [..YouTube..] @DSTCPF Logic Studio

24. beano090 says:

[..YouTube..] is it possible to do this in protools???

25. [..YouTube..] @beano090 Of Course !! Its the same principle . invert the right side and then mono the track

26. [..YouTube..] @beano090 Of Course !! Its the same principle . invert the right side and then mono the track

27. [..YouTube..] @GrantPmusic Usally most thing that are bassy in a track are kept mono, so in theory this should get rid of bass…

28. Vinod Ravindra says:

i need this software trail, where i have to download, please send link, than you

29. 1oneohad says:

[..YouTube..] if you do this thing on stereo you will get just the vocal?

30. ohad f says:

[..YouTube..] if you do this thing on stereo you will get just the vocal?

31. Bob Morrison says:

Many thanks for the tutorial on home recording.It was a real eye opener for me as although I’ve played guitar for many years,I never used more than a tape recorder to record any of my tunes.I will definitely make some changes thanks to you! Much obliged……..Bob Morrison

32. musiclub77 says:

[..YouTube..] Thanks for the videoGreat stuff! For some people producing music, it might be a hobby, for me it is a dream come true.thanks for making part of my dream!!!

33. [..YouTube..] David on my copy of Logic 8 i can’t find the Output button in the bottom left of the screen, it isn’t there! Have i got my Logic set up in a weird way or something?

34. antony says:

u r a genius

35. antony says:

how to get this software can u send the link

36. [..YouTube..] Is it possible to cut out the guitar and keep the vocals of a song?

37. [..YouTube..] What’s the program? I have been trying to remove vocals from a song in audacity but the song won’t even play. so what is the name of this app?

38. Vanjal says:

39. [..YouTube..] This can only be done with acoustic guitar/vocal songs or something acoustic. Try to take some modern kick ass rock band and to do this. No success. You will demolish the mix so disappearing of the vocals will be totally unimportant since everything else will disappear as well.

40. [..YouTube..] @TommyBahama101 Logic Pro

41. [..YouTube..] @beano090 yes definitely. You need to just do the two steps. 1: invert the one side , 2: pan the left and right to the centre

42. KFLUFF27 says:

[..YouTube..] is it possible in pro tools to isolate the vocals do you know

43. anointed01 says:

[..YouTube..] Great tip David, thanks

44. anointed01 says:

[..YouTube..] Great tip David, thanks. Who is the singer? She’s fantastic!!

45. This is hugely helpful. I found this capability in Amadeus Pro (a very cheap but powerful editor for Mac) under Effects: Stereo Utilities: Invert Phase, then Sound: Convert Track to Mono.

When I’m covering a song, I spend a lot of time laying down disposable accompaniment tracks to guide the vocal take. This lets me use the original, adjust the tempo and start recording along with it. Then I can go back and record my own accompaniment to match the mood of my favorite vocal take.

It’s a great time saver. Thanks a lot for the tip!

46. Peter Moua says:

I am using the audio software, Sonar 3. Do you think I should upgrade it to a sonar 8.5 with the free sonar XII… or not? I’m not experienced in upgrading equipments so please let me know. Many thanks.
    Rock on dude!! (>,^)

47. [..YouTube..] What’s the title of the song? :)

48. pk says:

david, wow this is a great trick! im on a pc using reaper. or soundforge. i have waves mercury aswell. are you aware of what software can flip the individual (l/r) stereo field Like your gain efx plug on logic? maybe a list of software plugs you know have these options. thx again

49. [..YouTube..] are there other ways to remove an instrument or vocals. What if both are in stereo for instance?

50. lotan says:

sorry, what is your software used name?
    thank!

51. Melher27 says:

[..YouTube..] jack johnson- better together

52. [..YouTube..] @DavidCamposComposer could you do it the other way and take the vocals out so its nice and clean no instruments , watched a video doing it but it wasnt so helpful

53. stickhead221 says:

[..YouTube..] is it possibe to do this in fl studio?

54. Ilse Kotze says:

Hi David,

Your eBook on Music Production 101 has come in very handy and I just love it! I was wondering if you have your new book out yet, the Advanced Music Production? I have started recording myself, have everything plus analogue hardware and compressors etc. but am focusing on the DAW (Cubase & Sonar 6 LE) You have helped me very much and I keep looking up to you for advise. I will let you know how your trick of removing vocals works. Thanks for everything you are doing!!!
    Will post again, but next time with direct questions if you don’t mind.
    Have a great day,
    Ilse

55. Stuart says:

Cool! That’s a fantastic technique! Can you show me how to do it in PreSonus Studio One?

56. John D says:

Nice piece! :)

I look forward to the next one.

57. [..YouTube..] David did you know?…. You’re a Genius man Just discovered your channel and this is the 7th video i’m watching – New Sub for you man!

58. Muhammad Adil Nasir says:

Plz tell me this software name.. plz plz plz plz

59. Shi7Disc0 says:

[..YouTube..] Your all rediculous, every single youtube video has the same 3 questions. 1.) Can you do this in FL studio? YES. 2) What program is this? Usually FL studio/ Logic/ Protools/ Cubase 3) Which is better Logic or Pro Tools/ FL Studio? Logic! but they are all good in their own way. If you have a PC I reccomend Cubase or Reaper. SERIOUSLY, USE GOOGLE FOR 5 MINUTES PEOPLE.

60. saidy says:

hello sir i m using Fl studio 10 i just want to know if its possble to remove vocals

61. AndrewEns says:

[..YouTube..] but now its mono, how do i get it in both headphones???

62. [..YouTube..] Tanks David i watched so many videos re removing vocal from the stereo track but you are the best thanks again for your great videos..Best regards from Sultanate of Oman..Abdullah

63. alexxdeadly says:

[..YouTube..] Is there any way of doing this on fl 10 but in reverse to that only the vocals are isolated?Plz answer david

64. frosty00500 says:

[..YouTube..] how do keep the vocals ??????/

65. [..YouTube..] how do keep the vocals ??????/

66. [..YouTube..] How do I keep the vocals and take out the instrumental???

67. luigi1098 says:

[..YouTube..] @Shi7Disc0 well you do see the name of the guys account thats asking the “is it possible to do this in fl studio?” question right? Stickhead221 lol

68. luigi1098 says:

[..YouTube..]  well you do see the name of the guys account thats asking the “is it possible to do this in fl studio?” question right? Stickhead221 lol

69. luigi1098 says:

[..YouTube..] well you do see the name of the guys account thats asking the “is it possible to do this in fl studio?” question right? Stickhead221 lol

70. [..YouTube..] @frosty00500 I could tell you but then I’d have to kill you lol

71. [..YouTube..] I could tell you but then I’d have to kill you lol

72. [..YouTube..] @frosty00500 I could tell you but then I’d have to kill you lol

73. [..YouTube..] @Shi7Disc0 Haha !! very funny bro !! people also dont look down the comments to see if the questions been answered before

74. [..YouTube..] Haha !! very funny bro !! people also dont look down the comments to see if the questions been answered before

75. [..YouTube..] @Shi7Disc0 Haha !! very funny bro !! people also dont look down the comments to see if the questions been answered before

76. frosty00500 says:

[..YouTube..] @DavidCamposComposer lol come on man… plzzzzzz !!!!!!

77. frosty00500 says:

[..YouTube..] lol come on man… plzzzzzz !!!!!!

78. wesman0120 says:

[..YouTube..] Any one that can remove jacks vocal has to be good, Why not just buy a book of nursery rhyme tunes if you want to use the chord sequence…. Jack and Jill went up a hill to fetch a pale of water ha ha lol

79. [..YouTube..] @DavidCamposComposer touché

80. [..YouTube..] this is really useful!!! and you are right. not many people know, or they dont tell you… i didnt know this one… thanks david

81. colcoolcoool says:

[..YouTube..] WHAT DO WE HAVE HYAH?

82. 937olter says:

[..YouTube..] @Shi7Disc0 what about mac?

83. 937olter says:

[..YouTube..] what about mac?

84. Will Whamond says:

SO what you are saying is you essentially “Rip off” Jack Johnson and all of his hard work by “slightly” changing everything. Very cruel and people like you should be sued all the time for this crap! Real nice

• DavidCampos says:

Hi Will

I am not saying that anyone must rip off Jack Johnson , Hold your horses Lol !!
      I am saying this is a technique to go deeper into other people’s music so that you can analyze their arrangements and melodies or chord structures . Sometimes you could possibly sample a snare drum or a hi hat . Beware , use with caution .

85. dbooth81 says:

[..YouTube..] @frosty00500 I’d hazard a guess at this, as I am only 1st year sound production student, and say that you could follow the process as above in the video to remove the vocals. Then in another session, you could phase invert the original track and play it alongside the Vocal Removed version (do not phase invert). The common information should cancel out, in this case the guitar, leaving the vocal (and maybe bass drum and kick drum). Hope that works!

86. dbooth81 says:

[..YouTube..] I’d hazard a guess at this, as I am only 1st year sound production student, and say that you could follow the process as above in the video to remove the vocals. Then in another session, you could phase invert the original track and play it alongside the Vocal Removed version (do not phase invert). The common information should cancel out, in this case the guitar, leaving the vocal (and maybe bass drum and kick drum). Hope that works!

87. dbooth81 says:

[..YouTube..] @dbooth81 Be sure to phase invert both the Left & the Right of the original track when you do it!

88. dbooth81 says:

[..YouTube..] Be sure to phase invert both the Left & the Right of the original track when you do it!

89. jayse pegg says:

Thanks david, your video’s are brilliant, your a special dood THANX 4 the advice, & 4 the haters @ will wha, – sort your napper out. tricks of the trade my lad,, that’s all. 1Love.

90. deehellsix says:

[..YouTube..] Thanks for sharing! Nice

91. ShainaAzad says:

[..YouTube..] Hi David, great tutorials! Very easy to follow along. I actually just put out my first video and am currently putting together my second video which I would like to include some audio in. I used a jingle from GarageBand, layered it, made some cuts and added a section from another jingle. Is it ok to use jingles from GB for commercial use?

92. Shaina Azad says:

93. nancyoo2 says:

[..YouTube..] hy plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me i want to remove vocals from a song could you do it for me cause i dont have mas os sooooooooooooooo pllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me i send you a link of that song okay

94. Tim says:

Hi David I tried this several times exactly as you did (in LogicPro9) with a sample I want to remove vocal from, but I can’t get it to work! Any ideas? many thanks

95. [..YouTube..] what!!!! the two videos i find on this and both of you sound south african!!!!! is youtube playing tricks on me!1 holy fuckballs!

96. [..YouTube..] @wesman0120 Its an eg . You could do it to any song . Its the principle no the eg you should be concentrating on

97. Pl4sm0 says:

[..YouTube..] how i can do reverse and take off the instruments and keep only the vocal ?

98. [..YouTube..] Can you do it on wavepad or another program because i dont have that tool so im not sure how to do this?

99. [..YouTube..] Hi Dave, great vids, much appreciated. what software is this?

100. kobrarulz says:

[..YouTube..] This didn’t work for me it just muted everything except this maracca like sound, I didnt pick jack johnson but it was a song I copied of a CD just to try this. I have read the other comments & no-one has this problem. Is there something I may have unknowingly done wrong ..I tried very hard so please don’t think Im just being lazy & asking you the first second I get a problem

101. MrDrizzle340 says:

102. MrDrizzle340 says:

103. [..YouTube..] =[ i wanted to know how to keep the vocals also……my friend died and I wanted to rip his voice out one song and put it on a new track……even if you cant teach me is there anyway you can help? Inbox me

104. [..YouTube..] @DavidCamposComposer =[ i wanted to know how to keep the vocals also……my friend died and I wanted to rip his voice out one song and put it on a new track……even if you cant teach me is there anyway you can help? Inbox me

105. gfig3 says:

[..YouTube..] im feeling pretty dangerous…time to sample

106. Steph4Xmen says:

[..YouTube..] Okay well then… Why online there are many songs that like example you wanna sing on a “karaoke” and you find out there still the vocals in the background its just that their less there. you know what I mean ? why their not intelligent like you XD. I want a real karaoke not a “Sort of” but maybe some songs you can’t really remove the vocals I dunno

107. Brian robbo says:

Nice bro, Love it.
    keep the informations flowing.

108. Steve Lambiase says:

Nice!!! I’ve been looking for this technique lately and was on the same track in my thinking…glad you showed this. You Rock!!! Looking forward to your upcoming course Advanced Music Production….any idea when it will be ready??

109. TheMrZizan says:

[..YouTube..] what song was the name when end of this vid

110. Rahul says:

David i happen to see a video where u mention that the same effect in the older analogue tudios can be now produced virtually……
    My question is…..then why is great musicians always preferring analogue studios……and the ranking of studios shows no modern studios……

please do reply for this….

111. elriver19 says:

[..YouTube..] How would this be done on Garageband. I tried looking for a way to do it but I don’t know where to get it done. So if u could please help me, I would appreciate it… Thank you

112. [..YouTube..] *How do You Remove vocals from an MP3?*Over the years, I’ve been asked this more times than I care to remember: How do you take the vocal track out of a song so I can: + have the backing instrumental only for karaoke! + sample some of the musical elements for my hip hop track+ be cool.It doesn’t always work as you want, but there is a technique. And producer David Campos explains how. Remove vocals from an MP3 to get at clean samples using this Reverse Phasing Trick . Removing Vocals or voice from mp3 song using Reverse Phasing Trick

113. [..YouTube..] *How do You Remove vocals from an MP3?*Over the years, I’ve been asked this more times than I care to remember: How do you take the vocal track out of a song so I can: + have the backing instrumental only for karaoke! + sample some of the musical elements for my hip hop track+ be cool.It doesn’t always work as you want, but there is a technique. And producer David Campos explains how. Remove vocals from an MP3 to get at clean samples using this Reverse Phasing Trick .

114. CHIBYSKEE says:

I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TEACHINGS. I AM BEGINNING TO UNDERSTAND SOME THINGS BETTER. THANKS

115. wrongmark says:

[..YouTube..] TIA – show me the pink

116. hugo123334 says:

[..YouTube..] hello friend this, well I’m from peru and I honestly do not understand anything you say, jajaj not speak English, but I would like to know which program is using these please, I would appreciate ..

117. Axs6ink says:

[..YouTube..] Yeah. I want to know too Dave.

118. San2Singh1 says:

[..YouTube..] I tried doing this, it doesnt work, how come? when i tried this, it actually muted the whole thing, do i need to change any settings??

119. santu singh says:

120. desiboi4u says:

[..YouTube..] can you tell me which software do you use?

121. MrTerrko says:

[..YouTube..] I’m sure it works for some songs but it didn’t work man

122. [..YouTube..] I’m sure it works for some songs but it didn’t work man

123. MsBrutaLism says:

[..YouTube..] how can i get the software free??

124. [..YouTube..] how can i get the software free??

125. eich1437 says:

[..YouTube..] youre wrong. ableton is best

126. [..YouTube..] fuck all producers vocals hahah lol

127. [..YouTube..] fuck all producers vocals hahah lol

128. kruegzinator says:

[..YouTube..] @xdjqaqj yes i mean it most of the music pro guys hiding the best software from the public. Between the software which are used to make killer trance is been public now. have a look here => bit.ly/L8POv7?=oppmby

129. kruegzinator says:

130. [..YouTube..] DAVID JUST WONDERING WHY DO YOU USE LOGIC INSTEAD OF PRO TOOLS??

131. [..YouTube..] DAVID JUST WONDERING WHY DO YOU USE LOGIC INSTEAD OF PRO TOOLS??

132. Justus Hall says:

[..YouTube..] You can’t kill, you’re to nice lol So how about that video on keeping the vocal?

133. [..YouTube..] i have a song which has only one mono channel. so how to remove vocals from that one channel mono song???

134. JC BD says:

[..YouTube..] can you do it in acoustica mp3 audio mixer

135. awze87 says:

[..YouTube..] Word thanks bro.

136. Electro man says:

Thank you,David. You are great inspiration to my musical life.I learned a lot in just in a hour.Blessings to you and your family,the more your share the more wise you become.Thank you for sharing those precious secrets,I will treasure them always. ELECTRO BAND

137. unclebuck39 says:

[..YouTube..] Thank you so much mate.

138. [..YouTube..] we been sampling other peoples music for years lmao

139. CS akora says:

[..YouTube..] What is the Name of the Software ? . PLEase Reply :)

140. CapTainCJ18 says:

[..YouTube..] What is the Name of the Software ? . PLEase Reply :)

141. Tim Sands says:

[..YouTube..] @CS akora apple logic pro, only works on mac

142. Tim Sands says:

[..YouTube..] @CS akora apple logic pro, only works on mac

143. Victor Rose says:

[..YouTube..] wow brilliant.

144. MadeInGefle says:

[..YouTube..] Your voice sounds Exactly like “Tony G” haha

145. Sera Lubowa says:

[..YouTube..] It worked!!!

146. [..YouTube..] whats the name of the program?

147. spiral24632 says:

[..YouTube..] you sound like an older version of Dexter from Dexter’s Laboratory at 0:27

148. [..YouTube..] Do you hate all of the ads on Youtube? Well, they want to hear what you all think, tell them here bit.ly/RtH89g?=qrmyjbThey are giving away iPads to the very first 1,000 that finish the 5 easy questions!

149. hazzel858 says:

[..YouTube..] in all seriousness how do you ?

150. [..YouTube..] what software are u using??

151. [..YouTube..] what software are u using??

152. Hambergler12 says:

[..YouTube..] what program?

153. Vl Ad says:

[..YouTube..] @tmimivh yeah even i searched for 2 weeks for a better software to make high depth tones. Listen to this the software which are used to make killer trance is been public now. have a look here >> bit.ly/VmRl5M?=lsaatf

154. Andy Johnson says:

[..YouTube..] how do you put music on studio one ?

155. n2087901 says:

[..YouTube..] if the mp3 has 2 vocals but i only want to remove 1 of the vocal, how do i do it?

156. Alex Hübner says:

[..YouTube..] Does it also work with logic express?????

157. [..YouTube..] Does it also work with logic express?????

158. [..YouTube..] Hello! Could you please remove vocals from a song of mine for me please? Thank you!!

159. P Killa says:

[..YouTube..] Hey David, great tutorials! I just have a question, have you ever come across Adobe Audition CS6? If so, can you make tuts about it? Thanks for the free ebook btw, :) that only deserve 5 stars and much respect. Subbed!!!

160. [..YouTube..] Really Helpful Link

161. [..YouTube..] Really Helpful LinkRemoving Vocals or voice from mp3 song using Reverse Phasing Trick

162. Salem Dhiab says:

[..YouTube..] Brilliant ! Thank you

163. [..YouTube..] could you remove vocals from a song for me, please?:)

164. Tomboy2510 says:

[..YouTube..] Hey is it possible if you could remove vocals from a song for me please? :)

165. Noah Raskin says:

[..YouTube..] Yeah but what if you want to keep the bass and everything else?

166. Noah Raskin says:

[..YouTube..] For example on a hip hop track?

167. V. Bawithang says:

[..YouTube..] can you get Logic Pro on PC?

168. DHruv Sain says:

[..YouTube..] what software is this?

169. [..YouTube..] it’s not working on songs that have all instrument playing together ….

170. [..YouTube..] it’s not working on songs that have all instrument playing together ….

171. [..YouTube..] it’s not working on songs that have all instrument playing together ….

172. Fred Dianz says:

[..YouTube..] nope, its mac only.

173. Fred Dianz says:

[..YouTube..] could you show us how to do this in the new logic pro x please?

174. Sem Linthout says:

[..YouTube..] wtf

175. [..YouTube..] same thing, except instead you use 2 separate tracks: one is your instrumental and the other is your original. this time it will get rid of all but the vocals. Sorry if I am wrong, it has been a while.

176. fishyy15 says:

[..YouTube..] “okaaii, wut im doing heeyaa”

177. [..YouTube..] i tried doing this in other software i followed the same steps invert the right then make it mono but it didn’t really do any thing, to the vocals at least. I didnt use gain because i dont have it what should i do? thanks!

178. Chris Pearce says:

[..YouTube..] Cheers for the tut. Although the reason for you doing this (to essentially copy a track) is bit shitty. Very un-original composition process…

179. dezinfectant says:

[..YouTube..] fyi, if you don’t have the app, you can use center channel extractor in winamp.

180. [..YouTube..] HOW CAN I EXTRACT JUST THE VOCALS

181. [..YouTube..] i need the vocals not the intruments

182. Greg C Walsh says:

[..YouTube..] doesn’t work

183. Greg C Walsh says:

[..YouTube..] doesn’t work

184. [..YouTube..] If you just want the vocals then you should’ve looked at this title CAREFULLY.

185. Calum Hunt says:

[..YouTube..] sound, great tip dude

186. Jim Romines says:

[..YouTube..] It Depends on how the Vocal is Panned,this song is easy beacuse theres no Drums

187. [..YouTube..] So my end goal is isolated vocals. My thought was use the process described in the video to get rid of them, bounce that track, and then bring in a new track with the full song. I then phase reversed one of the two new tracks to try to get the vocals alone, but it did not work. Am I missing something, or is this whole idea impossible just because of how phase inversion works?

188. Andrew Frye says:

[..YouTube..] Yep this did not work for me at all still hear the vocals and the beat

189. Lisa Messi says:

[..YouTube..] Which program is this?

190. [..YouTube..] That was a very simple but very powerful frequency separation I’ve been looking how to do that for ages very helpful, I suppose if It works or not depends on how the track was recorded :)