Music Business Tips & Advise : Fake It Until You Make It !!

Today I want to share some Music Business Tips and advise . Alot of guys have emailed me and asked me questions about the business side of music itself and so I decided to make this short video. This is one of the very important Mottos that I live my life by, and It goes like this…

FAKE IT UNTIL YOU MAKE IT !! “

In this video I explain how through my experience, that being good at producing and composing music is not enough. There are some social skills that you need to master in music business . One of the areas you need to master is the art of selling yourself and getting prospective clients to believe or buy into YOU !!

My Dad who was a very successful music producer taught me a very important lesson when I was a teenager apprenticing under him . I tell the story in this video .

with another true example I also go into the absolutely wrong way of selling yourself to new clients …

Please !! I would love to hear some stories from you . Have you had the same experiences ??  Please post your own stories below or on Youtube .

This entry was posted in Music Business. Bookmark the permalink.

Facebook comments:

255 Responses to Music Business Tips & Advise : Fake It Until You Make It !!

1. greeny1200 says:

[..YouTube..] i really enjoy listening to your storys! keep them coming ive been having a big dry spell in work recently and was close to giving it upbut this has inspired me to just GO FOR IT thankyou

2. KYLEZ0R09 says:

[..YouTube..] So the point is: Be confident!

3. DJSeasho says:

4. [..YouTube..] Great video, if you ever want advice on the ins and outs of youtube let me know, you have a great product! Now you have to get promotion down =] Great job on the ads but just like with my channel, there are always things we can do better! Maybe you can give me feedback and visa versa?

5. Jared Rogers says:

6. bbuck822 says:

7. [..YouTube..] David I have a similar story. I had a friend refer a country band to me recently for a recording session. I mainly have recorded hard rock and voice-overs and wasn’t sure how to record a country band. I told them I could do it and we started to record a week later. I live mic’d their sessions and mixed everything in Presonus Studio One Pro. They loved the results and ordered 100 CD’s that I’m doing all of the artwork for. So your point is valid. I wasn’t sure if I could do it so I just did it!

8. [..YouTube..] Hey Dave, I truly love your insights. I’m an aspiring music producer. I’m 28 years-old already I’ve been doing music for 7 years now and I took the decision to infiltrate the industry since last year. As for now, i’m starting to get couple of customers in here in Canada and in the United States. Also, i’m definitely gonna use this tip because I lack of confidence which is undesirable. Thanks Again!

9. [..YouTube..] @TheGrreatDane Never limit yourself my friend :-)

10. [..YouTube..] @bbuck822 great !! Dont ever let your fear limit your potential !!

11. [..YouTube..] @DJSeasho Thanks bro, message me :-)

12. [..YouTube..] @greeny1200 Dont give up ! Winners never quit & quitters never win .

13. nagual2335 says:

[..YouTube..] GREAT GREAT & TRUE !!!!!thanks david

14. Ciz says:

Hi David!

Thank you for all of the free info good sir! I am just purchasing Logic and can not wait to get started.

Your help through your e books and videos are extremely helpful and I would like to thank you for the help and positive words!

Ya boy Ciz – Australia!

15. chrisbeats94 says:

[..YouTube..] Thanks dave, i learn something new every video, thanks alot !

16. krishna pradyumnaa says:

hi david,,ur lessons r really helpful,,,i never thought i’ll learn so much about the ins and outs f music industry wid out workin fr years under someone,,,n ur lessons has been a strong support to all those strugglin musicians out der includin me!!am really greatful to u for sharing wat u gained after so much f pain n experience…i really appreciate ur initiative n hope dis goes a long way,,,btw can u make a lesson on arranging sting section n bass pls…!!

• DavidCampos says:

Hi Krishna

I appreciate your support . I will be covering arranging of all instruments extensively in my AMP (Advanced Music Production) Course . Which is coming soon

17. I love your video’s man, they send such a nice positive message across to people, very interesting and educational.

Thankyou for sharing your knowledge.
    It’s a principle I like to follow also, sharing anything I know with people who want to know about whatever.

I also like the Fake it till ya make it concept, I’m not in the Music Field as a producer, I compose for myself to make myself feel good, I happen to save a few projects, I’m not always happy with my own work which is the downside to being a perfectionist but I render a few of them and share them with whoever’s interested in free music.

It turned out a few people like what I make, more-so than I do. My confidence came from people telling me I could sell my stuff, some respected people also telling me even they would buy it or use it which is what I feed off. I know my place on this planet, I currently work in the IT field as an E-Learning Developer for Barnfield College and before so spent 11 years training martial arts.

I’ve always loved music, it really is a universal language and I’m happy that you like to share what you know too. The world needs people like you David :)

Respect:
    - Adam Cooper (Musical Samurai)

18. DavidCampos says:

Respect right back at you Adam :-)

19. Sanjay says:

Hi David, really enjoying your videos. Thanks for sharing your experience. Im a guitarist, really always loved music but now I realise how important the marketing and business side of things are if U want to be able to sustain yourself in the music field.
    Im more of the second kind of guy in Ur examples!! You described it quite well… Lol. Anyway, another change I am going to make. More power to ya!

20. [..YouTube..] Hey David, I have become a big fan of this site over the last couple of months!I am a music producer who hasn’t had the opportunity to do any industry work yet, but I am VERY confident my turn is coming soon! Your posts are very inspirational David, keep doing what you do…

21. Kushalxe says:

[..YouTube..] Thanks For Those Tips !Id’ Like To Say .. I Loved Your E Book .. It was Amazing !Im’ Into Music Production For A While now ,so I knew Majority of That ,But It Defntly Cemented Sme Gaps In There !I wish You Had Released It Couple Of Yrs ago :D Way To Go David !Musical Regards !PS. lookin Forward To Adv Music Prodn !

22. lovewords says:

[..YouTube..] great job david givin us new producers hope and good energies. great advice very coolthanksgeorge

23. Cole says:

David, just stumbled upon on Youtube after searching for producer techniques and tricks. I have watched all your videos, downloaded your e-book and just checked out your new edition “fake it till you make it”. I have really enjoyed everything you have put out, looking forward to seeing you tell how to build and sound proof your studio without nails and for cheep. That defiently has my interest being that I just moved into my house and my basement has so much potentiel. Look forward to seeing much more. Cheers, Cole -Covington Ga, USA

24. [..YouTube..] @mikemillennium Keep me posted :-)

25. [..YouTube..] @Kushalxe AMP is gonna be awesome

26. [..YouTube..] @lovewords Its a pleasure bro

27. robby badal says:

I am totally agreed with you David. It is a very practical approach. Fake it, until you make it…

28. nabilinho says:

[..YouTube..] inspiring! thanksssss

29. Omkar Dhumal says:

hie sir…..,
    my name is Omkar i am from India andi play wind instrument know as ‘SHEHNAI’.your speech was really good.the words ‘FAKE IT UNTIL YOU MAKE IT’ has really power.thankyou for E book and your tips are amazing.i got lot of thinks to learn.only there are few thinks which i get confused but E-Book s there with me.

30. [..YouTube..] I’m subscribing thanks a lot!!!

31. DJ Ronny says:

David you are a rockstarr….thanks a load 4 sharing your experiences and all the positive energy….Cheers:-)

32. Felipe says:

Hello David. thank you for these lessons….
    I’m from chile but i moved to mexico..
    now i’m producing some music here and you’re really helpful about these topics.
    Logic Pro is really good. i’m learning how to use it.

33. Lisa says:

Hi David,
    I’m a 42 year old (dutch) mum. When i 14 i was singing and playing the bass guitar in my attic room, recording multi tracks with 2 recorders ping ponging the sound. I didn’t have anyone around me that knew something about technique. When i was 23 i bought my first Amiga and composed some house tracks (with very bad samples) in a demo version of Pro Tracker. In the meanwhile i graduated from art school.
    I became an artist and graphic designer, and have my career in internet business now but somehow my passion for music just keeps knocking on the door. My age and non pro experience in music really do limit my self confidence in a way, but i find there is no excuse to do nothing about this desire to produce these songs i have in my head for years now. So i’ll have my Mac and Logic studio in a few weeks ;-)
    Thanx for your inspiring talks (and your book), and i wish you all the best,

34. [..YouTube..] Thanks for the tip. I’m just getting started and everything from the business side down to composition is giving me stress. These tips help ease some of that. BTW, the audio book ROCKS!

35. Isaiahc123 says:

[..YouTube..] GREAT JOB I LOVE YOUR ATTITUDE YOU ARE HELPING ALOT OF PEOPLE!

36. Sihle Shabangu says:

Hi Dave, please can I have your e-mail address, I am working on something big and I would really need some advice from you. Thanks sihleshabangu@gmail.com

37. Hi David,
    You won’t believe how grateful I am that I stumbled across you on FB and now i’m on your website.
    There is so much info here.
    This video in particular has inspired me. I am a, let’s say, novice beat-maker (producer is probably too formal and official), and I have been trying to get into production for the past 6 years, since I matriculated. I don’t know if i lack creativity or inspiration, but sometimes i manage to put something decent together, but it never has that studio quality sound. Maybe i’m not skilled enough or maybe it is the DAW I use (FL Studio). I have been experimenting with effects, VSTs, compressors, etc, but I seem to lack something.

Could I ask you a huge favour?
    I know you’re a really busy guy, but if you have a few minutes to spare, could you jump over to http://www.reverbnation.com/phanatik, and maybe listen to one or two of my beats and let me know what you think? Where I am lacking etc…
    I really have a passion for music, and want to become good at it.
    Thanks for you awesome blog!!!

38. themuzic says:

[..YouTube..] Very good videos overall sir. Your presentation and knowledge is very impressive. However, I must say it’s a shame that authentic knowledge and experience has veered off in this direction. What isn’t talked about is when this situation turns out badly, there are unhappy clients and people are looking for refunds. Until anyone has actually been on the receiving end of a failed “Fake” you will not understand fully as to why this advice may not be a good idea to follow. Just my opinion here.

39. [..YouTube..] @themuzic 1st of all nobody gets paid in this business upfront. not normally. second , I would rather see 1 or two “screw ups” in my life then dozens of ” I should’ves” :-) rather try and fail .

40. [..YouTube..] @themuzic 1st of all nobody gets paid in this business upfront. not normally. second , I would rather see 1 or two “screw ups” in my life then dozens of ” I should’ves” :-) rather try and fail .

41. [..YouTube..] @DavidCamposComposer btw Thanks for the comment and for your compliments :-)

42. themuzic says:

[..YouTube..] @DavidCamposComposer I wasn’t trying to suggest anything foul here David. And it’s obvious you have made it the business where I have not in my 25 years of trying. Knowing someone in the business is crucial to even getting a foot in the door. I just wanted to point out what happens when the Fake out proved disastrous like it did for me, when trying to get into the business. Those like myself, will never be able to get into the business, unfortunately.That’s all. No harm or disrespect intended.

43. [..YouTube..] @themuzic No offense taken bro :-) What is your story ? I would love to hear your experiences

44. mnash3 says:

[..YouTube..] Great job. Great video. Awesomes story. I agree with the person up above in terms of Fake It until You Make It does not always apply. I also agree with David in terms of how important confidence is and portraying that confidence. I would however add how confidence is built with experience and education. I think when a new person like your friend expresses lack of confidence, but are open and honest with the client, some clients are willing to give him a shot versus lying about (see next post)

45. mnash3 says:

[..YouTube..] versus lying about his ability to deliver. At the same time everyone has to start somewhere; so I think the Fake it until you make it applies more when the person has some experience that they rely on and just understanding that this project may be different, but doable. So it is important to portray confidence in that scenario that they can deliver. David’s Dad had the experience and was not afraid to portray confidence that he can deliver on a music project that was just a differnt genre.

46. [..YouTube..] I think that advice is really good for beginners and I might swap it on to my community aswell. Im making tutorials on the terms of DJing, playing music for people in nightclubs, equipment, ideas, how to etc.Sticking my nose into production and really want to learn it. Got me Logic Pro and watching tons of tutorials. Hope one day Ill be able to produce my own Drum n Bass and Dubstep tunes!Cheers mate, thanks!Fabian

47. Luke Chow says:

thanks for the encouragement.

48. MrAtothaZ says:

[..YouTube..] thanks man

49. TheWezid says:

[..YouTube..] very good advice i beleived i was a rock star and u know what, i really was ,it was the most wonderfull time of my life all i ever wanted to do was make music and when i raised the bar it took about 10 months i cried i really cried because what acheived was a dream come true if it wasnt for tod wilsons showed me the way gave me the programs sometimes i still crie when i hear it

50. logixish says:

[..YouTube..] Your dad is right. Self-belief is everything.Practice helps a hell of a lot too.Great advice. All the best to you

51. abarai1003 says:

[..YouTube..] hey good job!!!, i´m from mexico and i wanna begin a record studio, your advices are amazing!!, keep on doing this!!

52. llSkyHighll says:

[..YouTube..] Hey thanks for putting up this vid, really helped me see a diff way to approach the music vid.

53. MonkStunt says:

[..YouTube..] thank you, you are so inspiring. Humble and solid knowledge from a fellow south african who has made it in an industry that seems so scarily impossible to crack. Thank you

54. Nic Lyons says:

55. [..YouTube..] I actually have an interview in two days with an audio company. I haven’t prepared for it in any way other than worrying! I would have walked in there and told him I didn’t have any experience and wasn’t sure what I was doing or where I was going! However watching this has been eye-opening for me and I think I should walk in there and tell that guy what I can do! Maybe I should put some work I’ve done on a USB as well so I’m not empty-handed. I really appreciate this advice! Thanks!

56. U1u says:

[..YouTube..] lol always say yes yes yes :p

57. Em Zodee says:

[..YouTube..] lol always say yes yes yes :p

58. [..YouTube..] lol always say yes yes yes :p

59. asamayub says:

[..YouTube..] @DavidCamposComposer totally agree! infact i was kinda emplying this tactic before i even saw this video.not too fake, and not too overkill. just enuff to bring em in.- JNpThe Speshaliss UKBrilliant channel homie.

60. 117DJAckson says:

[..YouTube..] great advice mate

61. doitnow00777 says:

[..YouTube..] It’s not their freaking oil or gas it blongs to all of us.. It should be free.

62. [..YouTube..] @SplinterCell37 Go for it !!

63. playhenrique says:

[..YouTube..] Good job!

64. amesk says:

[..YouTube..] i am madly into the music industry, but i wanted to make a little more money so i started screen printing. recently a customer came up to me saying if i can make a shirt with more than one color for him, he said “if i dont like it, im not paying” i reassured him he will like it (ofcourse after watching this video). the thing is.. i never done more than one color. well, we’ll see what happens. =]

65. ludaticDBM says:

[..YouTube..] this is a very smart man.its just that ima rapper soo i can’t fake it.in the rap game you gotta be real.its more then the music..its the fansand the people..its a sick game

66. babbx11 says:

[..YouTube..] the music in the background is annoying, it keeps going up and down in volume…good advice tho

67. [..YouTube..] Thank you so much.. it helped me a lot.. : )

68. MrQuickfix79 says:

[..YouTube..] What’s the best way to get started as a paid music producer. I have some skills but no work. Please help me :(

69. [..YouTube..] Very cool man. I understood the ideia. Its not about faking, its about pull it off even if your not prepared, or think and belive that you are up to the job.Nice!Abraços from Brazil!

70. MaloEdu says:

[..YouTube..] Thank you. God Bless you. Wish me luck Sir :)

71. Epsilon3G says:

[..YouTube..] I just want you to know I really enjoy your videos very professional

72. lloyd ismail says:

Hi D-rex, I can’t believe I finally found some contant about u on the net. My problem is I was searching under D-rex, because thats the name I became a fan of through your productions here in SA, when i was younger . Sorry I did not know your real name was David Campos. So I found all this wonderfull things you are doing teaching. I am also an aspiring producer from JOburg. I have produced some amazing music over the years, my only problem is selling myself to the industry. I come from a small town(Boksburg), so I dont know all the bigshots in Jozi. Can you please be my mentor, cause I need some guidance.. thank you

73. [..YouTube..] Hey guys, Check out my band, the more people that like our fb, the easier it is for us to get gigs! Do us a favour = )facebook . com / TAOSnotchaos

74. tubesoxabc says:

[..YouTube..] some good advice here. but promotion is so important. you have to know how to self promote. i just saw a pretty great epk of a band. very well done. this is a critical tool to have in the biz. ck it out.nutty epk promo

75. TheOnyx28 says:

[..YouTube..] Awhsome!! So true.

76. DxRxOxMusic says:

[..YouTube..] Sadly confidence sometimes isnt enough I am confident and I like to think Im pretty good when it comes to music or writing lyrics but my set up is far from professional so i am about to take out a 7000 dollar loan to get everything together lets hope that is gonna help me move in the right direction.

77. [..YouTube..] @DxRxOxMusic I would go for it bro…. 7000 will definitely put you in the right place

78. [..YouTube..] Good advice mate!

79. D.A.ME says:

i started producing and composing when i was 15 or 16 , im now 19 .i worked of my pc with a pair of headphones , and the first piece of music that i made … well my friends laughed , there also music fanatics . i never gave up and to this day i get better and better , and undrestand what is needed to make good quality music .i’m still hopng for my own equipment and studio … but in the mean time i continue to learn.

80. mixedbreed19 says:

[..YouTube..] Hey guys! For crucial tips for understanding and exercising music theory and music composition, I’ve just put out an awesome and very detailed ebook on amazon.com. The link is on the video on my page. All the best to your studies in music to explore your horizons! Ciao. ArtistikRootz (Randy D) Stop by my youtube profile when you get the chance. You’ll be glad you did. :P

81. Tallykoren says:

[..YouTube..] Thanks for uploading this great video.

82. Tally Koren says:

[..YouTube..] Thanks for uploading this great video.

83. [..YouTube..] Thanks a lot for posting this. It is a really good story.

84. [..YouTube..] You seem like a nice guy David, one peeve about this video: after about 4 seconds that guitar loop gets very very irritating… It’s sounds like maybe it was setup for a lead vocal? The drums help… but not enough, once the strings came in everything was fine -but IMHO everything came in way too late and should probably have been potted down along the way to be used for this as background music to your dialog.

85. [..YouTube..] Hey i Have a Question for you. How would i go about finding a composed classical score and get it on too Logic 9 and have it in individual tracks?

86. [..YouTube..] You can send me an E-mail to Nate@hangtek.com with the info and FYI love the E-book and i am signed up for your class too! Cheers, BassTovin

87. ReadDoug says:

[..YouTube..] cool! thank you for posting that!!!!!!

88. [..YouTube..] You guys like great music! CHECK OUT OUR HIT SONG “FEELS LIKE-ORIGINAL VERSION” ADD/SUBSCRIBE/LIKE/COMMENT HOPE YOU ENJOY!

89. StratMatt777 says:

[..YouTube..] @lastdaysguitar Didn’t bother me since I was so interested in teh story I was only listening to what he was saying. And I’m the type who gets annoyed easily by things like repetitious music! :)

90. StratMatt777 says:

91. [..YouTube..] @StratMatt777 I am probably oversensitive to obvious looping – I’ve just grown sick of it from so much exposure to it – to the point where it sounds blatantly mechanical to my ears. I agree about the content – DC seems like a great guy.

92. mikdog says:

[..YouTube..] Make it till I fake it – got it.

93. DjKlacs says:

[..YouTube..] So true!

94. madsoundguy says:

[..YouTube..] im inspired by you! great vid

95. DJPuppex says:

[..YouTube..] What’s up yal, Join us on the new Social Network D J P U P P E X . C O M & PROMOTE YOUR LATEST TRACK AND MIXTAPE, SEE YAL THERE!!!

96. [..YouTube..] YOUR VIDEOS HAVE HELPED ME AND MY TEAM LOOK AT THIS BUSINESS IN A WHOLE NEW LIGHT… ON BEHALF OF ALL OF US HERE AT OMERDER STUDIO THANKS.!!!

97. [..YouTube..] YOUR VIDEOS HAVE HELPED ME AND MY TEAM LOOK AT THIS BUSINESS IN A WHOLE NEW LIGHT… ON BEHALF OF ALL OF US HERE AT OMERDER STUDIO THANKS.!!!

98. madmilz says:

[..YouTube..] normally id b complainin about ur accent but u actually no wat ur talkin about lol ur a gud guy

99. KiidDivine3 says:

[..YouTube..] so inspirational i might have cried just a bit .

100. Smurf431 says:

[..YouTube..] There is a difference between confidence & lying about your ability’s….the flip side is if you do this & it blows up in your face your name will be mud….things get around quick in the music biz world….Take this advice with a grain of salt folks…..the chance for this too backfire is immense!

101. kingpin463 says:

[..YouTube..] THANK YOU MY FRIEND A VERY INSPIRING VIDEO….

102. Shaun Kelly says:

[..YouTube..] THANK YOU MY FRIEND A VERY INSPIRING VIDEO….

103. Tim says:

So true David. I guess that Business is also ‘being creative’, and music is also a business! I would like to add to what you said, and go one step further to say that there are many people out there who will dismiss your ideas and dreams even before you start. In this case you won’t even get to the ‘fake it’ stage. My advice is avoid these people at all costs!

104. ASHISH MADURWAR says:

Hey david thanks a lot for your this wonderful video , Multiple Income Streams of Music Business and your fantastic e book , music production 101….i am a sound student of film institute of india and also interested in producing music..your e book and videos helped me a lot to understand the basics..i am very thankful to you…plz keep on sending genuine material like this….thanks.

105. [..YouTube..] i’m ferdinand lazarte from philippines..i want to become a singer and have an album,,can u help me..i know how to sing,,

106. [..YouTube..] thank you..your my new inspiration,,

107. pitolove71 says:

[..YouTube..] Thank you for emphasizing to some that you shall not “fake it till you make it” in the medical field!! We don’t want any crazies out there doing fake operations on people, ha ha. Although where I live, Florida, they caught a 17yr old posing as a Dr. & he actually assisted some patients in the ER until he was caught…days later! True Story: Look up 17 yrs old Dr. Kissimmee, Fl Osceola Regional Hospital

108. Blahblahbox1 says:

[..YouTube..] really great advice thanx so much :)

109. londoner001 says:

[..YouTube..] Love it mate :-)

110. [..YouTube..] Best advice not only for music, but for life !!

111. [..YouTube..] @PlatinumJerker True !!

112. [..YouTube..] @pitolove71 Thats very funny dude !!

113. [..YouTube..] @Smurf431 You must be careful but I think you get the point from the video .

114. [..YouTube..] @OMERDERSTUDIO Thanks

115. volksbahn says:

[..YouTube..] David, Your talk is very valuable…way too valuable to get masked/distracted by BG music. Could you please consider pushing down the volume if not turning it off completely. I invite you to listen to one of your own videos without the BG music and see what a relief it will be to pay attention to one auditory stimulus at one time. Thanks for indulging, as well as sharing your skills.

116. Syed Hasnain says:

117. [..YouTube..] @volksbahn Thanks bro for the comment. I am doing that more these days because you are right the content is more important.

118. muzapstar says:

[..YouTube..] David, you rock!  I got your book a month or two ago and yesterday I was in the studio. I’m invited back today.

119. dellinger24 says:

[..YouTube..] Awesome and inspiring video and love the book also…keep helping I’m sure many of us greatly appreciate you mate!

120. TefLdn says:

[..YouTube..] Real Talk

121. [..YouTube..] Real Talk

122. [..YouTube..] @TefLdn Thanks and It’s all true :-)

123. [..YouTube..] @TefLdn Thanks and It’s all true :-)

124. [..YouTube..] Im a brain surgeon haha!

125. Kyle Marno says:

[..YouTube..] Im a brain surgeon haha!

126. jbarnett54 says:

[..YouTube..] just been wondering, did your dad ever tell them that that was his first country track? i imagine that it would be quite funny to see their reactions to that.

127. Jay Barnett says:

128. DJ Danny says:

Hi David, I’m a DJ/Remixer from Tipperary in the Republic of Ireland. I’m just wondering if you know this but How would I be able to sale myslef to Nightclub owners etc on to give me the opportunity to play in the there Nightclub?

129. [..YouTube..] Hey guys, Im a struggling musician trying to build a fan base simply because I love music and I want to share my love of music with as many people as I can. I’d love and deeply appreciate any viewers that come to my channel. Nobody has to subscribe, comment or like my videos I just want one chance to show people my music. Thanks, Cory

130. twinblend says:

[..YouTube..] Hey David. I enjoy watching your youtube videos very much. I have a question: Can you learn to compose music to songs you have written without knowing musical notes. I am a song writer and have tunes to all of my songs but so far I have not been good at catching on to music. I am wondering if I can find a computer software program for my pc where I can sing in a mic and it will compose for me. I also want to record my songs. Thanks Leslie

131. [..YouTube..] 2nd video i saw from you and its great!Now im going to watch the rest =)

132. cottton™ says:

[..YouTube..] 2nd video i saw from you and its great! Now im going to watch the rest =)

133. [..YouTube..] Hey ! This is the best! Thanks. :)

134. William Bray says:

[..YouTube..] Hey ! This is the best! Thanks. :)

135. lomparti says:

[..YouTube..] solid

136. JohnPapas74 says:

[..YouTube..] Great video, you got a true communication talent, David. Thanks for sharing your experiences. Wish you all the best.

137. DjTempaBeats says:

[..YouTube..] wise words!

138. EpicFireTV says:

[..YouTube..] Great! lol Brain surgeon “Fake it till you make it”

139. as1antac0man says:

[..YouTube..] @twinblend check out Ujam.com DAWs like FL studio also have chord and scale references and guides if you’re still learning theory. I do recommend getting some theory under your belt, though. Not really how to read music (although it is also helpful), but how scales are derived and how chords, chord progressions, and harmony are built from them. I recommend the Guitar Grimoire books. They are EXCELLENT tools for any musician.

140. 614dandaman says:

[..YouTube..] hey man i would like to get some more info and tell u a little more about myself so please reply thanks

141. Songbayteam says:

[..YouTube..] Very Informative, Thanks Songbay :)

142. [..YouTube..] i can watch your videos for hours. you sir… are a legend :) thanks, i feel better about myself

143. [..YouTube..] super cool…….thx

144. Mr7beats says:

[..YouTube..] First of all, thank you very much for sharing your video. It’s excellent and truly enthusiastic. According to Indian Philosophy, if someone can achieve something excellent he’ll have great power even in his advice so that people will be bound to follow it. Here I see a great example of it. Your video has enormous potentiality to encourage people and drive them to the right way. You are truly gifted and lucky enough to have such a great father like yours. My regards to your father and you.

145. Rupak Bhattacharya says:

Hi David,
    First of all, thank you very much for sharing your video: ‘Fake it untill you make it’. I’ve just watched it. It’s excellent and truly enthusiastic. According to our Indian Philosophy, if someone can achieve something excellent he’ll have great power even in his advice so that people will be bound to follow it. Here I see a great example of it. Your video has enormous potentiality to encourage people and drive them to the right way. You are truly gifted and lucky enough to have such a great father like yours. I want to convey my regards to him and you.
    Though I’m not very interested in business with music but your video have increased my self-confidence a lot for making music and producing at least some youtube videos :)
    Your video can really help people of every aspects in making them self-confident to whatever they do or want to do. Thanks again for making such a great video.
    Wishing you all the best!

146. Pingback: Making it big is Music | Sound Underground

147. AnnieCanada says:

[..YouTube..] Thank you for your tips & your honesty! Smiles to you! I’m off to listen to more!

148. AnnieCanada says:

149. [..YouTube..] very good tips you have here. you sure made me feel more confident about myself and to reach what i want

150. MicquelS says:

[..YouTube..] What a champ!

151. JillmanVideo says:

[..YouTube..] Great advice but extremly annoying music when trying to listen to you speak.

152. Kevin says:

Thanks a lot for the video(fake it until you make it) my friend, it really yields out good advice also in many fields of art work especially about self esteem as you’ve mention in the video… thank you once again, i really appreciate your good work…

153. [..YouTube..] This is great advice from your dad. Fake it til you make it. I agree with that and my advisors always tell me that talent isnt everything. Marketing and attitude are among many other issues that will help you get where you want to be.

154. DAVIE5179 says:

[..YouTube..] Hi namesake . .confidence is important but one of THE LORDS Commandments is do not lie . .HE has provided us with enough GRACE to encounter any obstacles . . GOD Bless you brother !

155. Vikas Verma says:

Hi David,
    As Above User, I Am Also Agree With These Words
    “This is great advice from your dad. Fake it til you make it. I agree with that and my advisors always tell me that talent isnt everything. Marketing and attitude are among many other issues that will help you get where you want to be.”
    You Are Really Awesome & Your Videos have Brilliant Facts / Knowledge to Share.
    Thanx to Support & Help Us
    Regards
    DJ VYK AKA Vicky Verma

156. peixefolha says:

[..YouTube..] Nice guy!

157. M424Filmcast says:

[..YouTube..] This philosophy works great with any business! Be FEARLESS!! Always go for what you want and do what needs to be done! You will be amazed with the results you can come up with, and what you can accomplish!Thank you again David, for another excellent video! I am so glad to be in touch with you, and look forward to meeting you when I get to SA!

158. M424Filmcast says:

[..YouTube..] Thank you for posting this David! This is a fantastic philosophy that works not only in business, but in nearly anything you want to accomplish! BE FEARLESS!! Go for your goals, and let nothing stand in the way…Always keep making new goals, and you will succeed in all you want to do!I am so glad to have “met” you here on YT, and I look forward to meeting you when I get to SA!

159. M424Filmcast says:

[..YouTube..] Thank you for posting this David! This is a fantastic philosophy that works not only in business, but in nearly anything you want to accomplish! BE FEARLESS!! Go for your goals, and let nothing stand in the way…Always keep making new goals, and you will succeed in all you want to do! I am so glad to have “met” you here on YT, and I look forward to meeting you when I get to SA!

160. SmokKeBeats says:

[..YouTube..] Great Video!

161. sye005 says:

[..YouTube..] Great video … i love this :) ..

162. [..YouTube..] you sir,have had an awesome dad!

163. remirap says:

[..YouTube..] lol at brain surgeon part

164. DjAlexBIG says:

[..YouTube..] Great Video….all true story

165. RankBusters says:

[..YouTube..] Promoting your band online? Check out SocialHowl if you want to get thousands of real FB fans, Twitter followers or Youtube views within a few days, they have an amazing service. Just search for them on the big G.

166. [..YouTube..] very inspiring thank you

167. [..YouTube..] mikusmusikdotcom

168. Lysanderkuz says:

[..YouTube..] Thank you for this video, I appreciate you taking the time to share your useful knowledge!

169. musicrowbum says:

[..YouTube..] Great advice, my friend. I’m a studio musician in Nashville, and have played on over 300 albums in the last 10 years. I got ‘in’ by believing in myself, long before I was as good as I really needed to be.However… the allow me to present the other side of the coin for balance.My dad (also a recorded musician) gave me this advice:”If you can’t hook it, don’t book it.”One catastrophic failure can KILL your reputation, preventing future opportunities.

170. musicrowbum says:

[..YouTube..] Great advice, my friend. I’m a studio musician in Nashville, and have played on over 300 albums in the last 10 years. I got ‘in’ by believing in myself, long before I was as good as I really needed to be. However… the allow me to present the other side of the coin for balance. My dad (also a recorded musician) gave me this advice: “If you can’t hook it, don’t book it.” One catastrophic failure can KILL your reputation, preventing future opportunities.

171. Jamie Bowles says:

172. caper121 says:

[..YouTube..] just curious, what was the song your dad wrote in your story? I’d love to hear what he did. Great advise!

173. [..YouTube..] Hi everyone, if you’re an unsigned musician and you want to promote your song, please check out my facebook page /ImWillingToListenToUnsignedMusicians. The idea is that musicians like you and me post up our songs/videos to the page, and we promote it to our friends to get involved and click ‘Like’. Eventually we will have a page with a diverse group of followers (some of my friends + some of your friends + Joe Bloggs friends etc) and they can see via their FB feed when new songs are posted.Thx:)

174. mgutting7 says:

[..YouTube..] turn the damn music off

175. [..YouTube..] turn the damn music off

176. Anonymous says:

177. [..YouTube..] Clients in education, film industry the music and religious industries … Main Hall at St. Joseph’s Roman Catholic … to compliment the recently installed induction loop system in St. Nicholas Church , This was the mistake of the matrix…..and the industry in general, digital, and left the industries wide open to prosecution for the psychological damage caused

178. [..YouTube..] Do u know a record company tht would sign me

179. [..YouTube..] he he he that was the first thing I noticed about this video. A music producer and the music in this video is very anno-ying. Thanks for pointed out.

180. Jammin Dave says:

181. Jammin Dave says:

182. harrdstyler says:

[..YouTube..] inspirational !!!!

183. Mike says:

Really like the “Fake It Until You Make It” video. It’s so true but easy to forget sometimes. Thank You!

184. lastory2006 says:

185. [..YouTube..] that background music is pretty annoying.  tough to stay on subject, but the subject is pretty important – fake it till you make it works in many aspects of life.

186. iHsg16 says:

[..YouTube..] haha this is how i started a 2 year business :)

187. desise000111 says:

[..YouTube..] It helps to have a lot of friends on facebook and twitter for social proof, check out biggercrowds.comOH Yeah! Seriously it works.

188. [..YouTube..] @tnyoadw yes I agree can’t even believe it even i searched for 2 weeks for a better software to make high depth tones. Listen the software which are used to make killer trance is been public now. get the best one here –> bit.ly/L8Qm42?=tefopp

189. [..YouTube..] @tnyoadw yes I agree can’t even believe it even i searched for 2 weeks for a better software to make high depth tones. Listen the software which are used to make killer trance is been public now. get the best one here –> bit.ly/L8Qm42?=tefopp

190. [..YouTube..] @tnyoadw yes I agree can’t even believe it even i searched for 2 weeks for a better software to make high depth tones. Listen the software which are used to make killer trance is been public now. get the best one here –>bit.ly/L8Qm42?=tefopp

191. [..YouTube..] One of the most important things for me was to figure out that its far easy and more profitable to market music for1) iphone apps and games2) tv commercials3) movie trailers4) theme parks5) sporting events6) corporate videos7) and licensing musicTHEN, using this income.. you push and finance your creative music. First, shed the financial pressure…Here’s a video on my channel explaining how… youtube.com/watch?v=zFpmaEkHUZ4

192. [..YouTube..] One of the most important things for me was to figure out that its far easy and more profitable to market music for1) iphone apps and games2) tv commercials3) movie trailers4) theme parks5) sporting events6) corporate videos7) and licensing musicTHEN, using this income.. you push and finance your creative music. First, shed the financial pressure…Here’s a video on my channel explaining how… youtube.com/watch?v=zFpmaEkHUZ4

193. [..YouTube..] One of the most important things for me was to figure out that its far easy and more profitable to market music for 1) iphone apps and games 2) tv commercials 3) movie trailers 4) theme parks 5) sporting events 6) corporate videos 7) and licensing music THEN, using this income.. you push and finance your creative music. First, shed the financial pressure…Here’s a video on my channel explaining how… youtube.com/watch?v=zFpmaEkHUZ4

194. [..YouTube..] One of the most important things for me was to figure out that its far easy and more profitable to market music for 1) iphone apps and games 2) tv commercials 3) movie trailers 4) theme parks 5) sporting events 6) corporate videos 7) and licensing music THEN, using this income.. you push and finance your creative music. First, shed the financial pressure…Here’s a video on my channel explaining how… youtube.com/watch?v=zFpmaEkHUZ4

195. [..YouTube..] One of the most important things for me was to figure out that its far easy and more profitable to market music for 1) iphone apps and games 2) tv commercials 3) movie trailers 4) theme parks 5) sporting events 6) corporate videos 7) and licensing music THEN, using this income.. you push and finance your creative music. First, shed the financial pressure…Here’s a video on my channel explaining how… youtube.com/watch?v=zFpmaEkHUZ4

196. [..YouTube..] One of the most important things for me was to figure out that its far easy and more profitable to market music for 1) iphone apps and games 2) tv commercials 3) movie trailers 4) theme parks 5) sporting events 6) corporate videos 7) and licensing music THEN, using this income.. you push and finance your creative music. First, shed the financial pressure…Here’s a video on my channel explaining how… youtube.com/watch?v=zFpmaEkHUZ4

197. [..YouTube..] One of the most important things for me was to figure out that its far easy and more profitable to market music for 1) iphone apps and games 2) tv commercials 3) movie trailers 4) theme parks 5) sporting events 6) corporate videos 7) and licensing music THEN, using this income.. you push and finance your creative music. First, shed the financial pressure…Here’s a video on my channel explaining how… youtube.com/watch?v=zFpmaEkHUZ4

198. [..YouTube..] One of the most important things for me was to figure out that its far easy and more profitable to market music for 1) iphone apps and games 2) tv commercials 3) movie trailers 4) theme parks 5) sporting events 6) corporate videos 7) and licensing music THEN, using this income.. you push and finance your creative music. First, shed the financial pressure…Here’s a video on my channel explaining how… youtube.com/watch?v=zFpmaEkHUZ4

199. [..YouTube..] One of the most important things for me was to figure out that its far easy and more profitable to market music for 1) iphone apps and games 2) tv commercials 3) movie trailers 4) theme parks 5) sporting events 6) corporate videos 7) and licensing music THEN, using this income.. you push and finance your creative music. First, shed the financial pressure…Here’s a video on my channel explaining how… youtube.com/watch?v=zFpmaEkHUZ4

200. doledog23 says:

[..YouTube..] ha, first time in a while i’ll have dusted off my printer to get your book onto my KT (kitchen table:)), sorry, couldn’t resist .. and (i’m guessing here) .. what a sountrac to illustrate the point! big respect for your altruistic nature “… Ro..ll another one .. just like ..” shucks, you probably way beyond all that, huh !!

201. Darren Ogden says:

That’s great David! Ever since I first watched you on Youtube I thought that you talk so much sense, explain things in a very straight forward, no nonsense fashion and I keep coming back for more. You’re an inspiration!

202. Talking about not knowing anything about Country Music. My dad was writing a song in the kitchen one morning, in our house in Warner Robins, GA. When he was finished, he asked me what I thought (my main instrument was trumpet and I didn’t know much about Country, at the time). I told him that I didn’t think it had much of a melody. He said that he would give it to a friend in Miami and see what happened.
    A few weeks later, we were listening to the radio….it was the Country Music hit parade and my dad’s song came on!
    It was Charley Pride singing, ALL I HAVE TO OFFER YOU IS ME! Well, I guess that showed me… All I could say to Dad was, “Oops!?”

203. thomizz says:

[..YouTube..] “Well, Mr. Smith. Have you ever been operating on a brain?” – “Yes, yes, yes! I can do it!”

204. [..YouTube..] thanks dude, i was a little down about not being there yet

205. linuxguy2009 says:

[..YouTube..] So the lesson we walk away with is…….lie lie lie.

206. [..YouTube..] Great lesson. Thanks.

207. Tblazz Soloz says:

[..YouTube..] learn how the music business works, plus all you need to know to prepare, promote and sale your music.at smart music incomehere atMake Money while Making music. How do you make money when mp3′s are not selling?

208. [..YouTube..] This is a video that inspired me. Thank you sir!

209. [..YouTube..] This is a video that inspired me. Thank you sir!

210. Rafael Navera Jr. says:

A very helpful tips and ofcourse i have learned a lot from him and i will continue my love for Music. Hoping you could help more people who are into Music. Thanks!

211. vipin saini says:

[..YouTube..] dats a really helpful tip…..thankxx

212. DGFEKT says:

[..YouTube..] Great Title and Motto! 10/10 Tony Robbins aint got nothing on you.

213. [..YouTube..] Great speech & great motivations ..David.Thank you so much for sharing..God bless U :-)

214. [..YouTube..] Good stuff! Do you have any connections for me?

215. [..YouTube..] Thanks for the video, I really like it and very clearly understood

216. LYNablee says:

[..YouTube..] Hello! Do you hate all of the ads on Youtube? Well, they need to know what you think, go here to tell them bit.ly/RtRbYq?=txopvxThey are giving away Apple iPhones to the first 1,000 that answer the 5 easy questions!

217. Lyn Nguyen says:

218. grgsamip says:

[..YouTube..] nice..

219. Viorelo10 says:

[..YouTube..] Thanks!

220. [..YouTube..] Thanks!

221. Rohaan K says:

[..YouTube..] pretty awesome David, its am important point about assuming the identity of your goal…if you dont really believe it, no one else will ever!

222. [..YouTube..] great bloke, like the fact there is people like you still in the world. What a great guy.

223. [..YouTube..] Song dedicated to Brooklyn, NY!Search for Richie Levoi on YouTube and click on The Brooklyn Song.Great song and video. This song is also dedicated to all of the families that were effected by hurricane sandy.

224. [..YouTube..] @ilgbxyg yes I agree can’t even believe it most of the music pro guys hiding the best software from the public. btw! the software which are used to make killer trance is been public now. i found it here => bit.ly/VmRmXq?=ohkbmz

225. [..YouTube..] @ilgbxyg yes I agree can’t even believe it most of the music pro guys hiding the best software from the public. btw! the software which are used to make killer trance is been public now. i found it here => bit.ly/VmRmXq?=ohkbmz

226. [..YouTube..] @ilgbxyg yes I agree can’t even believe it most of the music pro guys hiding the best software from the public. btw! the software which are used to make killer trance is been public now. i found it here =>bit.ly/VmRmXq?=ohkbmz

227. urbrock says:

[..YouTube..] This is great info. Thanks for sharing. I have a ton of videos about music licensing and how to get music in tv and films. Check out my channel if you’re interested.

228. John Kerry says:

229. [..YouTube..] reflects the populous. In the USA, R&B,Latin, Rap/urban and lastly country dominate the mainstream. Sadly, the days of great Rock and Roll in the mainstream are long gone. If you wanna pursue a music career in in, Independent is the only way realistically.

230. P Killa says:

[..YouTube..] Thanks David, GOD bless your soul.

231. green sveta says:

[..YouTube..] thank you ,very useful.