Home Recording Software and Home Built Studios

I am David Campos. I wrote this article to help you with home recording software and general information on how to set up your own home based recording studio based on my own 20 years experience in the music industry.

I have grown up in recording studios and around musicians my whole life. My father was a very successful session musician who later became a well known music producer. He was from the old school of electronic gear and analogue tape BUT I was the new generation and I loved computers and computer music. With home recording software packages becoming common, the costs of setting up our own home recording studio became reasonable and the whole idea became alot more feasible.

We eventually built a fully fledged recording studio at my dads home using home recording software and we never looked back. When I was 21 , I decided to leave my Dad’s business to start my own music production career and I immediately set up my own home studio. that was 15 years ago.

1st Home Recording Software Studio

This was my 1st studio . An Ensoniq EPS on a box in my apartment.  I couldn’t hear the mix properly because the sound was bouncing off the concrete walls and there were police sirens and car hooters coming from outside.

I used the built in sequencer on the ensoniq EPS to program my first songs on my own. The interface was a nightmare. fiddly little knobs and a tiny LED screen. BUT I worked hard and came up with excellent music. I managed to convince an ad agency to let me pitch for an UNO Fiat commercial against top music producers with multi million dollar studios. I actually won the job and got paid big time. I bought more gear with the money .

2nd Home Recording Software Studio

Here in my 2nd home recording studio which my brothers helped me build 2 years later we used dry wall to separate 1 room into a booth and a control room.

We then soundproofed all the walls ,installed bass traps and double glass between the booth and us. You can also see that I bought a little more gear.

In those days virtual reverbs and compressors etc were not to the high standard of outboard gear like they are on home recording software packages or DAW’s (Digital Audio Workstations) of today. I recorded most of my productions on “Audio Logic” and some work on Cubase and fruity loops all on a PC with Windows XP.

3rd Home Recording Software Studio

This is the 3rd studio I built with my brothers about 3 years later. It took us 3 months.

In this studio we put a double sliding aluminium door between the booth and the control room.

In this studio It was the first time I managed to run my entire studio on virtual FX and instruments with no outboard gear and no analogue mixer. The results were astounding. First the quality of mixing internally digitally was instantly noticeable. Second the ease of saving all your reverb, compressor and instruments settings in the same session as the sequence was very practical and saved alot of time. Thirdly the cost had been brought down even more because all you were really splashing out on was the software and the plugins.

4th Home Recording Software Studio

This was my 4th studio I built 4 years later. Each time I built a home studio I improved it just a little bit. This time we literally built from scratch. I also did all the woodwork myself. It was a steep learning curve.

I changed from PC to Mac and I used Logic Studio and Pro Tools as my home recording software . In this studio I went 100% virtual including recording, sequencing, mixing and mastering. All on one machine .

I have now recently moved to a MacBook Pro laptop . I can compose full tracks anywhere, like my beach house on headphones at the pool or in bed . I can then plug in my laptop to my sound card in my proper studio later just to record vocals or do final mixing. People cant believe the results I’ve been getting.

It almost feels like I’m back where I started . just a simple setup BUT very powerful.

I have done it the hard way and I thought to myself that there has to be a better easier way. That is why I have pioneered a new method to build a recording studio fast and easy in few easy steps.

4 reasons my new method is better

1. 1 week to build
  2. All the Labour on my own with no help from anyone
  3. No Nails
  4. Extremely cheap

This entry was posted in Home Recording Software and tagged computer recording software, david campos, fruity loops, home recording software, home studio, logic, pc recording software, pro tools. Bookmark the permalink.

Facebook comments:

415 Responses to Home Recording Software and Home Built Studios

1. Tony Guitar says:

That’s a quality post.
    I can see how sweat & tiers brought you where you are today!
    Thanks for sharing

• Toussaint says:

I really like your website that you have. So far I have seen several sections and like that you too have used Logic and FL Studio. I just made the transition from FL Studio to Logic and right now am still going through the learning curve. If you have any advice let me know, also how long have you had this site up?

-Toussaint

2. DavidCampos says:

It’s a pleasure
    I’m here to help :-)

3. Neil Goldfinger says:

Your latest studio looks awesome !!

4. Jack Black says:

Did you really build those studios yourself ?

5. fromo16 says:

[..YouTube..] is garage band as good as logic, is also run by imac.!

6. [..YouTube..] @fromo16 Garageband is a good place to start BUT you will need to move to a better DAW ( Digital Audio Workstation) like Logic Studio to really make good music .

7. Pingback: Home Recording Software « My Computer Recording Software Blog

8. brownzist says:

[..YouTube..] with all your experience, dont you think your background music clashed too much with your voice track? Maybe have the music down a bit more so viewers can listen to you otherwise its better without the music. BUT great info to know thanx.

9. [..YouTube..] @brownzist Thanks for your comment Brownzist . mixing is a subjective thing. This is the type of discussion I have everyday with my clients. I prefer to mix the voice right at the edge of the music using a side chain compressor on the music track. Youtube’s 360p audio quality doesn’t help & I know my accent is also strange which doesn’t help either LOL BUT having said that , I think you can hear every word. I will however keep my eye on that for future videos .

10. darbits2009 says:

[..YouTube..] Tienes toda la razon,!!!! suerte ,unabrazo

11. brownzist says:

[..YouTube..] so when are you going to help me out with free logic program? All good D you’v inspired me to start recording again, just gota start looking for gear darn it!

12. [..YouTube..] @brownzist Exactly what i thought,,,to loud.

13. [..YouTube..] No offense dude,but wtf is up with those monitors???U need to upgrade to some lcd’s.Peace though.

14. [..YouTube..] @brownzist You will be surprised how little gear you need . go to my blog and subscribe and I will show you how :-)

15. [..YouTube..] @BESTUNDRATEDEUCER No offence taken. The truth is I don’t actually use my G5 or those monitors anymore. they actually just sit there off everyday. LOL . I just put them on for the video :-) you see the Macbook pro ? that is my studio now…..

16. [..YouTube..] Cool.I was wondering how that old stuff sit well with u.By the way,I see u have trilogy there,Nice.I recently got its upgrade:The almighty TRILLIAN,!Huge ram consumer,but well worth it.& yeah,I’m also (4 now)the ”all-in-a-box-aproach” studio.Nothing more is needed than a well built machine,an audio interface/souncard,& a MIDI Controller(well for most music anyway,or at least the type I make).I have PC,& an i7-960.3.33 processor,16 gigs,Mackie monitors,FL studio,& a sick arcenal of libraries!

17. [..YouTube..] I’m currently looking to acoustically treat my room,cuz great or any monitors for that matter,are pretty much just as accurate as if mixing thru 2 dllr earbuds,if u have bad acoustics.But yeah,& by the way,,,u should check up on that app,JBridge,cuz it lets u bridge 32 bit plugins & sequencers,to & using a 64 bit OS,thus letting u use all ram ur motherboard can hold.Simply great,It’s still in development by its company,but it has worked pretty good so far with me.

18. [..YouTube..] Shit,lol,I totally forgot ur on mac,,,,this app ain’t for ya.My bad…Peace dude.Keep them beats cooking up.=)

19. [..YouTube..] @BESTUNDRATEDEUCER Logic on the mac runs in native 64 bit :-)

20. [..YouTube..] @BESTUNDRATEDEUCER I will be doing some tutorials on building a home studio for dirt cheap soon . you should subscribe to my blog

21. [..YouTube..] @BESTUNDRATEDEUCER I also got Trillian . It rocks !! only you must wait for it to load the 3 gigs per bass sound

22. [..YouTube..] samplitude is good also. samplitude is my preferred software. its really good also.

23. Carlos says:

Hola…please…como hago a descargar estos softwars???? son muy interesantes y me interesan bastante…espero entiendas el espaniol=)

24. Hello – you has a nice PRODUCER STUDIO and also LOGIC is my TOP SOFTWARE/SEQUENCER ++++ greets Frankie

25. [..YouTube..] cool video man :) thanks

26. Enro31093 says:

[..YouTube..] <<<<< here my beats

27. Rasharam says:

[..YouTube..] woow .. i feel like i just `Lost 9 minutes of my time, u dont do Anything more than talk about urself .

28. [..YouTube..] I don’t like music tracks where the sound is comming only from native plug ins. I like hardware sythesizer.

29. curtisbrntly says:

[..YouTube..] i have a question how do u go about building a solid home studio that can produce high quality recordings

30. KidWuzi says:

[..YouTube..] I advise you upgrade you computer monitors other then that good stuff love your story

31. [..YouTube..] @KidWuzi Ya , you are right . the truth is that I dont actually use my G5 mac and those moniters anymore. you see the little apple macbook pro … Thats my studio now !!

32. [..YouTube..] @Rasharam LOL very funny. Why dont you sign up for my FREE ebook in the desc . I promise I dont talk much about myself in there mostly about music technology and music production tips and secrets :-)

33. camkerse says:

[..YouTube..] come on man you need this to increase your ego? this is a waste of time.

34. shanzmp says:

[..YouTube..] Hey you should talk about yourself, I would be very proud if it were me. Good job and I can only pray I am that good one day.

35. [..YouTube..] @DavidCamposComposer even if we register right now we dont get it until “weeks later”

36. [..YouTube..] @Yuengling8090 OK So dont register then Yeung :-( It’s a pity because I’m sharing alot of free information based on my 20 years experience . I waited 20 years to get as good as I am now …I guesse a couple of weeks is too long for you.

37. [..YouTube..] Hello incredible videos!I have a backward thought, in case you could help me, I seat him for my Englishman, but I am Spanish and I am using a translator, all right. As you could make out the effect of sound where it looked like for many people to be speaking all together? I add you a video that you see the effect forIn the second one, 0,5, 0,8, 0,12, and 0.16sPlease Help!! Thanks.

38. [..YouTube..] @Rasharam hes a musician?? its all we do

39. Roxannepion says:

[..YouTube..] well I think its pretty cool info ;) awesome!!!

40. FourTwenny says:

[..YouTube..] Pro Tip – Empty egg cartons, duct tape, and some thick blankets can make a semi-soundproof room.

41. [..YouTube..] @FourTwenny subscribe on my blog. I am going to film and create a course on my new soundproofing method that is easy and cheap in December . plus you can get my FREE ebook “Music Production 101″ in the next week

42. [..YouTube..] sad story from the carpenter..

43. danakerman says:

[..YouTube..] Love the Kashmir ripoff running as the soundtrack to the vid…. ;-) Pretty good Bonham sound on those drums!!

44. [..YouTube..] @Yuengling8090 its HIS channel he can talk HIMSELF if HE wants. but aside from that he’s just sharing a story about the things he’s done as far as building recording studios. this is just like a scary movie or shrooms or something. if you come in with an open mind everything will be good lol

45. [..YouTube..] @danakerman Thanks .. All the music on my videos are composed and produced by me . I actually combined eminem’s “lose yourself” and puff daddy’s rippoff of kashmir “come with me” to create a hybrid track which is now un-sueable :-)

46. kubsonfilla says:

[..YouTube..] @Rasharam and what is wrong with that…

47. [..YouTube..] Very true, Eric Prydz and many big EDM artist have finished tracks on the plane while touring.

48. keshia1604 says:

[..YouTube..] your accent is beautiful.

49. GAMARMUSIC says:

[..YouTube..] dude you talk tooo much, get to the main point…

50. [..YouTube..] @keshia1604 His accent gay

51. lmc1dj says:

[..YouTube..] please take that backing track off your story, iam interested in your past but take the track off,,,,,cheers.

52. cheddachayze says:

[..YouTube..] PLEASE CHECK OUT MY VIDEOS ME MAKING BEATS ON KEYBOARD NO SOFTWARE OR ANYTHING JUST FOLLOWING METRONOME =D THANKS

53. alexxj220 says:

[..YouTube..] Ive used Cubase, Reason, Ableton live, Cakewalk, Sonar and i have stuck with FL studio. :) dont know why, Just its so easy and user friendly ! :)

54. mikeybaby77 says:

[..YouTube..] sounds legit but uhhh i check out your page and i dont see this video about how to make the home studio etc … whats going on there? nice vid here tho and keep me posted

55. [..YouTube..] @mikeybaby77 I am building a studio using my new system in December 2010 . I will record and create a course showing everything. in the meantime signup for my soon to be released FREE ebook on my blog :-)

56. dramaganza says:

[..YouTube..] thanks for the tips..it takes you long to get to the point tho..

57. 46Charlie46 says:

[..YouTube..] do you recomend daz sturio?

58. 46Charlie46 says:

[..YouTube..] do you recomend daz studio?

59. Hi David,

You have a great site here with lots of useful info – Well Done.

I would like to add you to my new site as link on my Blog Roll.
    My site is very new, but like you I have been involved in Home recording for quite some time (over 25 years……). My site is all about Audio hardware for computers.

Please take a look and offer some feedback if you have time, as I have said its a very new site but my plan is to incorporate a huge database of all the current Audio Interfaces and Sound Cards on the market, so that anyone looking for hardware will be able to identify which is the right device for them e.g., number of I/O s, Sampling rate, H-z, USB, Firewire, Internal external etc etc. I intend to have it up on my site like a question drop-down wizard – which then delivers the results back to the user.

I hope you like this idea and it would be great if you would link to my site.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Simon

60. Muttills says:

[..YouTube..] Haha, straight away I can here a Joburg boy!

61. [..YouTube..] @Muttills Howzit my China !!

62. I wish I would be successful like you David. I also start to build a recording studio in my home. Right now, it is almost finish and operational.

63. ibreadman7 says:

[..YouTube..] awe bra

64. kbundy023 says:

[..YouTube..] Hi I am not studio enthusiast but wanting to record my own classical guitar playing. What are the basic devices is good to use ? I recorded my playing with normal microphone and sound so bad. I thought I played well but once using the microphone the result was bad playing. I saw something like zoom h2 digital recorder and can record very good sound but I haven’t tried it myself. Do you think the result wil much better than normal microphone.

65. Therockymarx says:

[..YouTube..] So full of it!

66. 123benjah says:

[..YouTube..] very inspiring. thanks for sharing

67. [..YouTube..] estudio tecnología africana?

68. DeadCee says:

[..YouTube..] fuckin waste of time. nobody tryna hear about your history. just the studio

69. [..YouTube..] @DeadCee Why dont you check out some of my other videos !! I teach alot of stuff for free. Also this is my channel and I can say and do what I like . I have helped countless people in music production ,you don’t have to get so rude and offensive :-(

70. [..YouTube..] yea dude where was the tips ? besides logic what do you use ? i think i saw spectrasonics back there

71. TheBlackxism says:

[..YouTube..] very inspiring and thanx for the video

72. mario5754556 says:

[..YouTube..] GREAT WORK DAVID.

73. Toseto says:

[..YouTube..] Slightly but surely eventually! :) Nice Job Man

74. FilliD1 says:

[..YouTube..] This info is exactly what I needed to get. Constructive and no nonsense. Much appreciated.

75. JamesHarps says:

[..YouTube..] If you didn’t talk to slow, this would be a 3 minute video of you talking about yourself, instead of a 9 minute video.

76. [..YouTube..] @JamesHarps Well James thanks for the constructive criticism. I will try and talk faster then about you because this is your channel right? ….Wrong !!!

77. indaswamp says:

[..YouTube..] Hey i really enjoyed this video and i believe and think the same way you do! congrats on your past achievements and good luck on your future! ps im subscribing!

78. [..YouTube..] @indaswamp Thanks Indaswamp , Much respect !!

79. bgbass386 says:

[..YouTube..] Hey David, Great Video, Keep em Coming!!!!

80. [..YouTube..] Hiya id like to do the same you cud ya reccomend a typa mac id need to carry and able to instll logic.What 1 are ya using in this video

81. SenhorFuzzy says:

[..YouTube..] Hi David , Fantastic I really enjoyed your vid . Keep it up , great work .and good luck

82. [..YouTube..] @Keyboardkid13 I use a MacBook Pro (laptop) Itake it every where i go

83. [..YouTube..] @JamesHarps Is this a better title “How I Found the Best Home Recording Software and home built studio equipment Design setup tips”

84. [..YouTube..] @ibreadman7 AAWwweee !!

85. [..YouTube..] @SlangLargeAmounts I’m married wit 3 kids :-)

86. [..YouTube..] @Yuengling8090 You can get my FREE ebook now btw

87. [..YouTube..] @DavidCamposComposer Sounds great, where is the link?

88. [..YouTube..] great story :0, i also have a home studio video

89. Toussaint says:

-Toussaint

90. karthik says:

Hi David, I become a big fan of you because of nice music and open hearted sharing of own music ideas and also about yourself and i didnt come across any music producers or anybody who shares what they know in a book. you are a sweet heart baby…………. And your Music Production 101 was very nice .Above a guy named james harpes says you talk slowly , but thats not true, you are correct

91. Arthur Luay says:

Hi David, love your projects, love what you do, love the fact that you are sharing your music secrets to us all. I was wondering is how you got started in music production for advertisements. Did you look up job posts on the internet? Did people look you up? How did you get to where you are today?

Thanks Dude

Art

92. Pedro says:

Hi, i just found your web, and i want to know if you have some tutorial for the logic pro 8 for beginers or if you can tell me were can i found one of this, because I want to add colors, and also want to open more channels or more (can not remember as they are called) but the point is that I want that in a single instrument or audio track ( i can put… hithat´s and in on the same track, put the kick line, and in another line but in the same track or instrument could put the bass line and ór claps…, I hope you understand me and help me, greetings and best wishes … Ü

93. Eddie says:

Hi. I love your site and am learning more than I bargained for! What is your opinion of the DAW, “Mixcraft 5″? Do you recommend it for beginners?

94. [..YouTube..] THNX DUDE , GOOD JOB !

95. Kamilk12l says:

[..YouTube..] @DavidCamposComposer Is your job profitable ? From looking at your latest house you seem to be doing very well ?

96. [..YouTube..] @Kamilk12l I have done very well thanks :-) Musicians are either very poor or very rich . I thank God for my successes

97. Vanjal says:

[..YouTube..] OMG ! Best video ever. So encouraging, so brave and smart. BRAVO MAN !You’re a believer and hard worker. All the best luck to you !

98. Andres says:

Congratulations your for studio. I am from Argentina, and I just learn music productions. 2 weeks ago, I start a curse. I use nuendo 4 and other programs. I see your videos who inpired me to continued. Gook luck and thank you.
    I am a web designer to learn more about the world of music productions.
    (Perdon for my bad english)
    Bye
    Andrew

99. EWnspire says:

[..YouTube..] why crts? response rate?

100. [..YouTube..] @SlangLargeAmounts South African?

101. Chicago10281 says:

[..YouTube..] @DavidCamposComposer Ever used Sonar 8 producer or GarageBand or Cubase home software recording?

102. [..YouTube..] @deftonesfan192 Yes

103. [..YouTube..] @EWnspire What is crts ?

104. [..YouTube..] @Chicago10281 I’ve used garageband and cubase but not sonar 8 .

105. imsulhaq says:

[..YouTube..] i like you person and you compsing iwant to talk to you its my id imsulhaq@yahoo.com

106. JIMVOMIT says:

[..YouTube..] hi, i need an advice, i produce with reason and i want to know how to upgrad the quality of my tracks. do you think exporting each chanel as a wav and then mix them in cubaes would improve the quality?

107. GraemeBerke says:

[..YouTube..] @DavidCamposComposer He is wondering why your monitors are Cathod Ray Tube (CRT) the glass tube displays and not the LCD.

108. Bennettje04 says:

[..YouTube..] Nice information but the background music is distracting/ too loud to hear you speak clearly.

109. famadj says:

[..YouTube..] inspirational videos

110. melrosegoon3 says:

[..YouTube..] rubbish lol

111. fojeba says:

[..YouTube..] What preamp are you using .I’ve been told The preamp impact on the sound quality is huge

112. [..YouTube..] @fojeba I use the built in Mic Pre-amp of the Digi 002 . Its sounds awesome !! You right about the mic-pre amp being important

113. [..YouTube..] @melrosegoon3 You know I was going to say something else :-)

114. Michael says:

Hi David, I was pleasently suprised by your site. The Motown session was excellent. I am a software engineer and amature musician and learnt along time ago that there is no magic bullet software solution. Tech heads will always be tech heads. Of more interest to me would be a balance between recording techniques with tips underpinned with music theory. The motown brief in particular, how the motown sound is made, typical drum beats, chord progressions and scales used. we see site after site explaining blues and rock scales. what sort of key choices to express mood and how scale modes are used typically in the style of music. Thanks for a great site Regards Michael

115. Esthiem says:

[..YouTube..] hey i rap and i was wondeing do u knw how i can get the background noise off the track after i record becuz every time i do u can can hear me breathing to loudly or something outside my room i use reaper software and but i need a easy FREE software tht i can use to to take all the noise out can u help me out :)

116. [..YouTube..] @Esthiem try audacity . Its free and you can edit your takes

117. neocontra88 says:

[..YouTube..] cubase rules!

118. [..YouTube..] hey i have a mxl r144 ribion condenser microphone and a xenyx502 and i was just woundering if i should use phantom power for it please respond back thank you

119. Zakaria90 says:

[..YouTube..] That is some big ass crt monitors u have there dude! lol! nevertheless awesome vid!

120. [..YouTube..] @emoneycarrillo16 Definitely my friend . Ribbon and condenser microphones both need phantom power

121. [..YouTube..] @Zakaria90 BIG ASS !! Those are gone now . I’ve got a BIG ASS LED monitor now :-)

122. tinghaling says:

[..YouTube..] Nice video, thanks for posting

123. gzussturbo says:

[..YouTube..] This video was amazing! You’re a huge inspiration to me, dude! I just bought a Presonus Firestudio Project a few days ago and so far I love it. It comes with Studio One and from what I have played around with so far, I like it a lot. Where are you stationed out of now?

124. MegaTillydog says:

[..YouTube..] who cares what u did..get to the usefull part..damn

125. dragonallica says:

[..YouTube..] heey love your story.I have propellerhead reason 4 do you think it wil work to create some nice drum and bass songs in it?

126. ZyahVaughn says:

[..YouTube..] Man I appreciate your honesty in everything you say & do… I’m also a music producer, singer, song writer and it’s nice to hear some ons say you don’t need the million dollar studios any more! Technology is here to stay and the old days are gone, so bury them and keep living & moving on… I would love to apply for your e-book on producing. please send me an e-mail to sign up. I would love to send u some of my stuff! All copyrighted under Muboxic Productions. Peace

127. [..YouTube..] hi david:nice video and thanks for shareang your knowledge. someday i will have a studio like yours,GOD BLESS YOU.

128. skhuxx says:

[..YouTube..] has anyone actually been to his site and if so is it even useful?

129. TheWezid says:

[..YouTube..] david i made a rock albumn wrap n roll q base was not user freindly i did use audio studio deluxe 7 im proud of it i wish u would listen to it on my channel. saying one thing meaning another .is the name of 1 songit was 16 bit

130. Harrysound says:

[..YouTube..] Dude you need new monitors! They do big flat ones now!

131. CloseOne says:

I am using Adobe Audition, your thoughts. I look forward to all the info you will be breaking down stay up..

132. jeanil15 says:

[..YouTube..] Are u South African? :D My bestie is south african :D

133. chico says:

hey david.. could you tell me what I need to record songs in my computer?..I bought pro tools..but I dont know what else I need to make songs.. people tell me that I need to buy a pre amp, a midi keyboard, an interface, monitors, microphones, etc..
    but that would be a lot of money..I just want to buy the essential things to create music in my computer..not a lot of things and finish without money

134. Blomm11 says:

[..YouTube..] Loved it! You are so inspiring! I’ll build my own studio this coming fall and I’ll be watching your stuff online! Thanks!

135. [..YouTube..] Make a video just showing putting down a drum, then a bass, a guitar, and vocals. I just want to put a song down!

136. fillman1000 says:

[..YouTube..] What is that song i really like it please tell mé

137. GabiRoqueTV says:

[..YouTube..] i cant find the download link….

138. mondiy117 says:

[..YouTube..] …..STop talking man

139. ktulhu2011 says:

[..YouTube..] @fillman1000 it seems to be a bad copy, and when I say bad I mean bad, of led zeppelin’s kashmir, phisical graffiti album I think, that song is a masterpiece..

140. [..YouTube..] @ktulhu2011 Or is it Eminem ??

141. [..YouTube..] @ktulhu2011 Or is it Eminem ??

142. ktulhu2011 says:

[..YouTube..] @DavidCamposComposer I don’t know what the song is, I just answered the question of fillman1000, I’wasn’t giving statements on your vid anyway, often rap singers are used to steal rock riffs, forgotten by the most of the people, to better “sell” their songs, p. diddy with police, also done it, or run DMC with aerosmith, and so on..someone did the remake toghether, but surely not all of them. I prefer artists who are original, and to do music are used to create the songs by themselves, sorry

143. jdesign918 says:

[..YouTube..] Hell yeah logitech track ball. I love that thing!

144. secretpros says:

[..YouTube..] Hey my friend … you seemed advanced enough to appreciate our videos … check it out … esp about how to best set up a studio. We have a world-class acoustician/studio designer talking about cutting edge ways to get pro results in a home or project studio. Our channel is SecretPros

145. [..YouTube..] @DavidCamposComposer Ribbons don’t (commonly) need phantom power, but aren’t harmed if you supply it to them. As long as they don’t short out, everything is fine.

146. [..YouTube..] @DavidCamposComposer Ribbons don’t (commonly) need phantom power, but aren’t harmed if you supply it to them. As long as they don’t short out, everything is fine.

147. [..YouTube..] @jdesign918 So Do I

148. [..YouTube..] @GabiRoqueTV for what ??

149. ZephyrRock says:

[..YouTube..] if your honestly good enough, just try and receive professional help.

150. chordchart says:

[..YouTube..] hey whats a good multi track recording software for windows xp?

151. [..YouTube..] Friend i believe it completely.Thats true slowly but surely.Do tell me friend how can we use those tracks. Are there software what we can use for recording I am using cool editpro 2.0.

152. JuanV9221 says:

[..YouTube..] How distracting are those power chords in the background??

153. stevoe1000 says:

[..YouTube..] Thanks, this was interesting….you know you look like Michael Poulsen from Volbeat with your beard…learning how to record here too, I find I get better sound from my br 600 than I do from reaper….cant figure that one out but reaper a t least seems a lot quieter and more compressed without changing things…

154. dj2ernest says:

[..YouTube..] hey whats up just want to know what you think about fl studio? its all i can get my hands on, and can you giv me some advice how to record professionally with just my pc , studio earphones, and my mike. cant afford all that studio fancy stuff poor. want to get rich from music have to start some where.

155. Ashish Das says:

nice post..
    it helped me.. i used Cubase SX3 for my very very simple home recording.. but sounds nice.. (not close to studio level but still gr8)..
    i even made a video on how i do the recording…
    link – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8BcHYwLdPM

156. bjokkor says:

[..YouTube..] Thank you for this motivating talk sir.

157. bry0416 says:

[..YouTube..] Like the story telling approach…….? have a resemblance to Pete Townsend?

158. [..YouTube..] I typed in ‘Hoe recording’ and still got here…

159. AxlTerry94 says:

[..YouTube..] Hey man I’m 16 and I want to start an in home professional recording studio for my bands and to have other bands come in I play drums,guitar,piano and I sing I write lyrics too and I’m managing my band and want to help other bands record where do I start? Thanks ( I also want to make it big am I’m prepared to hit my nose against the grindstone and get there) thanks get back to me

160. leonidhaimov says:

[..YouTube..] Nah, got used to FL studio.

161. [..YouTube..] Great story! Keep on going!

162. [..YouTube..] lOL my name is David to :D nice video!

163. [..YouTube..] I forgot to say what program you use for recording??

164. [..YouTube..] South Africa?

165. [..YouTube..] Trackerball mouse’s can be a bitch. I prefer laser one’s

166. [..YouTube..] Why do people dislike things like this? So amazingly lame.

167. [..YouTube..] Hello Sir, I’ve been helped and inspired a lot by your ebook music production 101.And I’m waiting for the video when u’ll tell us the secret about building,sound proofing and room acoustics of a home recording studio in budget. In fact I needed it so badly and urgently that I can’t wait anymore.I’m dying and spending sleepless nights for getting a genuine help from you.So plz post an another mindblowing and inspiring video as soon as possible. Thanks a lot big brother!

168. tamal halder says:

169. xuxhil says:

[..YouTube..] dat waz’ goddamn bt nice story…o’ yos’

170. izzymajestic says:

[..YouTube..] @DavidCamposComposer hey David, i appreciate everything you teaching out here on youtube, its very valuable information for starting producer/artists like myself, thank you. but i have not been able to download your e book coz i cant find the link….. help please. by the way….. are you related to Nicky Campos?

171. ass6186 says:

[..YouTube..] Dude, i dont care about your freaking past…

172. 17condition0 says:

[..YouTube..] Hey i really appreciate you giving the free book,But the link i got in my inbox is not working. Pls Help

173. [..YouTube..] cashmere?

174. [..YouTube..] @ass6186 dude your username’s ass

175. SupaParanoid says:

[..YouTube..] we have the same last name. cool.

176. hunter281996 says:

[..YouTube..] Wow, truly inspiring. I’m 15 and I have made my walk in closet into my own small studio with a laptop, an mbox2, a guitar, a samson microphone and some old speakers all by myself. I only have Pro Tools and Fl Studio and I’m hoping to upgrade to a Mac and Logic very soon. Sure it’s expensive, but I love it and it’s worth every cent.

177. [..YouTube..] That music is SO annoying!

178. [..YouTube..] shut up

179. [..YouTube..] Make your book a big documentary movie. Youll get way more people to see it. You could even charge money. Id pay it down flat.

180. Warrior007 says:

My brother is interested in building a studio in his room.We stay in quite small house.His room is next to mine.What are the advantages and disadvantages?What will it cost?Room size est 3m by 3m.He has no expereince in production not at all but regards this art

181. [..YouTube..] the music sucks. -_-

182. [..YouTube..] Who is God’s name still uses CRT monitors??

183. rushycoolboy says:

[..YouTube..] I don’t wanna know about UR LIFE, I wanna what SOFTWARE I need and how to use it

184. [..YouTube..] Wow. Like 7 minutes of my life I’ll never get back. :|

185. thnks for the free information…. learned alot from it..
    thanks…

186. TheJewla says:

Hey David. You’re great.
    You mentioned that final mixing cannot be done on a laptop.
    Can you go into depth about how you go about final mixing and why you cant on a laptop.

Thanks man. Keep up the awesome and informative posts. You are an inspiration!

187. [..YouTube..] its called logic pro i saw it on his computer

188. oSmithyyyx says:

[..YouTube..] he sounds like nan of angry boys!!! like if you think so!

189. mrcoolsites says:

[..YouTube..] all of a sudden. A program and a keyboard is called a recording studio

190. tutakar says:

[..YouTube..] Excellent bro!!

191. nellyb555 says:

[..YouTube..] i want to known how to sing about i need help with it i not known anythink

192. Sanela Bolic says:

193. Pauljmac25 says:

[..YouTube..] Brilliant, thank you. This gives me some hope for my home recording.

194. RedDeath001 says:

[..YouTube..] Love The Mouse I Want 1 Lak Dat :D

195. DavidL1980 says:

[..YouTube..] why do you have 2 terrible monitors that look 10 years old?

196. dave says:

[..YouTube..] why do you have 2 terrible monitors that look 10 years old?

197. [..YouTube..] Interesting info… Thanks David…:)

198. omarphi215 says:

[..YouTube..] was that black guy next to that huge console ur dad? kidding but good vid, thnks for sharing as i am in the process of converting my basement into a studio

199. DJPreez says:

[..YouTube..] is there a download link for this software?

200. Preezy Beatz says:

[..YouTube..] is there a download link for this software?

201. greg4557 says:

[..YouTube..] I wish I lived next door- I would love to learn your recording techniques

202. XxADTRBMTHxX says:

[..YouTube..] awesome compute moniter… its so high teck

203. Dtwizted says:

[..YouTube..] whats the least that u can have to produce music or the easiest and cheapest way

204. [..YouTube..] @Dtwizted All you really need is a laptop, a good DAW ,a soundcard and a USB keyboard . If you want to record vocals then you will need a condensor microphone .Its all in my FREE ebook on my blog

205. [..YouTube..] My man David is very knowledgeable musically and sonically. I learned the definition of compression and eq from his ebook. If you guys want to get a good laugh check out my channel and subscribe for more!! I’m filming another skit tomorrow and posting it tomorrow as well!!

206. robdrums69 says:

[..YouTube..] What is that background music your playing?

207. [..YouTube..] @robdrums69 come on.. even i recognize that and i hate the guy.. its sounds like from the 8 miles soundrack.. eminem

208. [..YouTube..] cubas and logic, home recording software??? gosh, if this video was from the early 90´s, i would say.. hey yeap he is right.. i started of on the steinberg 16, you could not record audio on that, it was plain midi… but now… most game music is composed on logic or cubase.. for the las 4 or 5 years or so, ableton has been harrassing the likes of logic protools and cubase…. selling multiple times of what the others are selling.. there are even free programs….

209. [..YouTube..] @DavidL1980 broh, i didnt see anybody making better music because they have 50″ LED screens hanging all over their studio…

210. robdrums69 says:

[..YouTube..] @SoulcheckAudio That is NOT the 8 mile soundtrack ..i’ll tell you that much…

211. [..YouTube..] @mrcoolsites Welcome to the future . Its not just an idea its a fact of life all around the world today on many albums and music productions .

212. [..YouTube..] @robdrums69 it took me 3 seconds to find the name of the song: loose yourself, from the 8 mile soundtrack. its not 100% identical. but 80%.

213. DTownReviews says:

[..YouTube..] i’m starting my own home studio, i have a Midi keyboard and some beat making software so i’m good on that. But i’m looking to record vocals.. I have a mic picked out (MXL V67g) but the only thing i need is an interface. But i’m not sure which to get for under 80 bucks. I was looking at the Blue icicle but i heard that it makes a little noise. Any other ideas. (having knobs for trebel, gain, balance, all that would be great) Thanks!

214. pitolove71 says:

[..YouTube..] This guy is awesome. I went to his YT channel & saw the new studio & it’s freakin’ great. I went on his website & he gave me tons of advice for free and he’s not selling me anything. He has a great kind spirit & soul & he’s musically intelligent to where he can get great sounds with less gear. I can see why he is really blessed. Thank you David, thank you.

215. icedr8gon says:

[..YouTube..] Hi i’m a singer song writer, I’am interested in sound enhances to make my own video, but I really don’t know too much about this field and would love to learn. I would like to make a video on utube and maybe who knows i might get noticed, and I feel a sound mixer would really boost my style. What do you think is the best free program for my Sony Vaio 64 bit laptop?

216. [..YouTube..] Seeing all your comments, gets me motivated! So many singers i am going against. To get to the top of the entertainment industry must be tough. I got to try my hardest and take this seriously >:I

217. BillDL says:

Hi David, and thank you for spending so much time and effort to educate and inspire others. That is a selfless act that does not deserve any criticism from others who can either take your advice or leave it. I have nothing against constructive discussion, such as questioning whether the background music in your instructional videos might be a bit loud, and you have responded to that comment very well. I’ll be honest and say that the audio in one video distracted me because to me it sounded like the music from Quake II or something, but my distraction was because it simply is not my personal taste in music, that’s all. It’s your video, so do what you want in it is all I would say.

There are, however, other comments that seem to scoff a little in asking “Why are you still using …?” – CRT monitors in favour of flat screens; other DAWs with less of a current market share than Abelton; etc. Try telling a seasoned 55 year old CAD expert to swap his huge CRT monitor for a flat screen, or try telling somebody with a battered old tuba to “upgrade” to a modern instrument, or try asking an IT Systems Administrator why he is still using “DOS” batch files to do things that fancy software can do just the same, and you will be quickly put in your place with some very compelling explanations.

It isn’t the “instrument” that counts, it is how it is used and how conversant the user is with its features and quirks, nuances, and limitations that counts. Why suggest an upgrade from Microsoft Office 2003 to 2010 when the prospective user hardly knows about, let alone uses, more than 10% of the advanced features? It’s better to stick with the tools you know and can use best. I have heard music recorded and mixed using free software such as “Audacity” that is of better quality and of a much higher standard than a lot of other music created using very expensive software, and that is because the person using it knew how to use it within its limitations. It’s all subjective and very personal of course, perhaps others would say the reverse having listened to the same music.

At the end of the day the choice of hardware and software depends entirely on the budget, technical ability of the user, the type of music the user wants to record, and (probably of greatest importance) the intended end use and audience of the final recording. The general aim of recording is to capture the sound source in as high a quality and as free from external influences as is possible. What happens after that is where things go off on different tangents. You would hardly expect a classical guitarist to be happy if the engineer applied some reverse reverb to the recording, but equally so all the Miley Cyrus clones out there would be pretty embarrassed to hear their completely unprocessed “dry” voices going out to record companies. There is a very big difference between capturing “live” music and creating synthesised music from scratch, even though both types of music may have been performed and captured as separate tracks in separate sessions.

Recently musicians have been experimenting very successfully with guitar Wah-Wah effect, Tremolo and Vibrato (google both), and even old Doppler effects (previously used by withered old men in social clubs playing digital keyboard through a massive square “Leslie” speaker). These are very old sounds, but resurgence in fashion is nothing new. The shoes with the stripes worn by Freddy Mercury in the 70′s became fashionable again, as did tie-and-die fabrics and a whole lot of other fashiosn that I personally witnessed and never thought I would see again. An audio engineer fresh out of technical college 3 years ago and now in a commercial studio has probably never heard the original songs from the eras where the above sound effects were popular, and maybe thinks they are new and avant garde along with his tweaked 60′s hairstyle, but he must be armed and ready to capture or generate them if required. A home recording artist may never have the need to even experiment with any of them.

Somebody running a commercial enterprise will probably buy all the latest expensive hardware and software because it is a good way to offset tax liabilities and to have the gadgetry that other less informed people might expect to see used in a successful audio-related business, but don’t be surprised if the professional behind the “desk” uses their old favourite software and some little tricks learned through years of use to do the dirty work while the expensive fancy things remain as ornaments.

There is all kinds of software around these days that allows you to process your electric guitar sound through a software emulation of a Fender Twin Reverb, a Soldano, or whatever amp and speaker combination the player wants to experiment with, but if the player isn’t that great to begin with none of this will improve the sound. An old worn Fender Telecaster straight into a rich valve (tube) amp and in the hands of a good player is hard to beat, and is the reason why many studios still have a small range of classic amps at the musicians’ disposal even though they can choose from software emulated results. Capturing that sound digitally is the hard part, and that’s where the experience of knowing what microphones and relative placements work best for the sound that the musicians and engineers seek to capture. OK, so there are some very good software emulations of classic amps out there, but using them is mostly down to convenience, extensive testing to evaluate whether they are able to capture the same musical expressions as the guitar and real amp situation can, and deciding whether the type of music even makes any of these these things important in the final mix.

David, you have covered the tip of the iceberg in an inspiring and useful way, and the rest is up to the interested party to explore.

• DavidCampos says:

What can I say except , Thank you . I totally agree with you . You know what one of my mentors used to say ?
      Amateurs worry about gear , professionals worry about money BUT Masters worry about the magic

218. BillDL says:

Oh, and by the way, you do not have a “funny accent” as you mentioned earlier, but I may be more attuned to it having been raised in the country to your North until it went down the toilet.

219. [..YouTube..] just stfu dude

220. [..YouTube..] @pitolove71 Thank you for the kind words

221. [..YouTube..] @SoulcheckAudio thats why its not sue-able

222. [..YouTube..] @DavidCamposComposer or perhaps they have not found out yet

223. [..YouTube..] @SoulcheckAudio 8 Mile is copied from Led zeplin song Kashmir . My version is a rip off of both and in actual fact its a totally different melody . Nobody has successfully sued me ever . And they’ve tried. You have to know the rules of the game .

224. [..YouTube..] @DavidCamposComposer well, for me, the rule of the game is make your own and don’t claim that the idea of somebody else is yours. BTW, could you let me know on what albums you have been working? the once that sold you over a million copies, i am meaning to say. I have got a dbase of all the records produced since mid 90´s, including remix cd´s and compilations, the name david campos doesnt come up once. perhaps you produced them under a pseudonym? i´d love to know if thats cool with you, thanks.

225. [..YouTube..] hello everybody! I write awesome lyrics and I sing! I think it’s great without a beat but I’d like a beat.how do I go about sharing my lyrics and voice with someone that may be able to guide me in the right direction? I’d like to show poeple but not sure how to go about doing so n if it can be stolen or what.been doing this for fun for a very long time.I can write music off top of my head.I open my mouth and a new song comes out.it’s so much fun and i have ev song of mine in my brain!come on! :)

226. [..YouTube..] oh I write everything! from hiphop,R&B,country,pop,even have rap that I created a female version similar to eminem but my own.so quite different but i thought bout videoing my eminem originals and putting it up on youtube to see what people think just for thrills but i would like to work with womeone and they can see what i got or sell my songs.they are honestly very good.oh man! well idk just checking out sum sites and thinking bout what to do bout this hmm

227. volksbahn says:

[..YouTube..] Genuine person. Important content. Unfortunately bad choice of disruptive BG music with a ridiculously high level. I totally miss the very point of adding music to a conversation that you really want people to listen to. Ever thought of adding BG talk to your music? Of course not!

228. PatriceGoste says:

[..YouTube..] Backgroud music aaawwww, so annoying!

229. kobrarulz says:

[..YouTube..] Decent video’s, but don’t put music playing over the top of you talking. Especially if your telling a story, its irritating at best ..even if you’re just trying to advertise your music.

230. [..YouTube..] I like the music in the background, but I don’t want to hear it while I’m trying to listen to you.

231. [..YouTube..] I like the music in the background, but I don’t want to hear it while I’m trying to listen to you.

232. AppleGeekDK1 says:

[..YouTube..] @pitolove71 link plis i want to watch that studio vid :-)

233. MrOptic218 says:

[..YouTube..] WAT IS DA SONG!!!!!!!!xD

234. [..YouTube..] Inspiring!thanx ;-)

235. abre0005 says:

[..YouTube..] David Campos – You are the man!

236. uVme1game says:

[..YouTube..] Interesting stuff mate..:o) You`ve sure had a journey !! I use REASON software and a Evolution MK-249c midi keyboard and Behringer MS40 Powered monitors…. And i have this in a little office at home,.. Now im not saying the quality will be like what you can produce but its great for general music and learning. I love it and spend probably too much time in here..lol..:o)

237. [..YouTube..] @uVme1game Nice !! Post up a sample one day for us to hear

238. HungrySugar says:

[..YouTube..] I dont andrestand where i can download it bullshit i just get some book :S:S

239. [..YouTube..] @HungrySugar I’m only offering a FREE ebook . What were you expecting ?

240. [..YouTube..] I’m only offering a FREE ebook . What were you expecting ?

241. [..YouTube..] @HungrySugar I’m only offering a FREE ebook . What were you expecting ?

242. onetongwa says:

[..YouTube..] @DavidCamposComposer When will u show video of studio built with no nails and low cost that you hinted about in this video………….Thanks for info.

243. onetongwa says:

[..YouTube..] When will u show video of studio built with no nails and low cost that you hinted about in this video………….Thanks for info.

244. gibs2b says:

[..YouTube..] Just curiosity, why do you use CRT monitors ?

245. Michael Gibs says:

[..YouTube..] Just curiosity, why do you use CRT monitors ?

246. [..YouTube..] Thank you for the effort in your channel and im going to read the eBook soon. I’m 23 now and I just started getting interested in video and music producing as well as animations. Just started a week ago producing some videos and yesterday started using Ableton live 8.22. Hope it is not too late for me to learn but I am a very curios individual and love creating things. Rote some poetry since I was 7 I think jaja. But in Bulgarian cuz I’m from there.well hope I can just learn the basics first.

247. Risnew says:

Hey your site is nice!!! I really learned a lot. Would definitely like to learn more from you.

248. [..YouTube..] i need to hire somebody to get all the right equipment and programs for me and hook it up, and ill pay all da cost plus more for the help, cuz i get so confused and keep buying shitty stuff wacting money

249. Shawn says:

Have you used Reaper? If so how does it compare to Pro Tools?
    Thanks,

250. Usuf1995 says:

[..YouTube..] hey when i m recording usinga dynamic mic after d vocal r recorded there r surrrounding soung like shhhhh hw 2 fix it n allow only ma vocal 2 be pure clean help plzz thanks :D

251. vegardini11 says:

[..YouTube..] It took time for the video to get interesting, but overall: thank you so much=)

252. sxn330333 says:

[..YouTube..] 5:33 lol

253. mmmusicc777 says:

[..YouTube..] hey man thanks a lot for this video I’ll will be looking foward to your other videos music is changing and that’s great I also have a home recording studio I am self thought but I am taking a recording class now what I have learn is thanks to people like you on you tube and a lot of reading…lol I use Reason 6 among other software and I just want to take my music to the next level

254. [..YouTube..] I aspire to be a music producer so I love the info you give it really helps.

255. [..YouTube..] Good vid

256. [..YouTube..] @DavidCamposComposer Hey David, I give people a free ebook too. Your response is classic! LOL People want everything for nothing…. and when they get it…. they complain. I’m enjoying your ebook! What microphone would you recommend … the best bang for the buck. What do you think of the USB mics that are coming out?

257. [..YouTube..] Hey David, I give people a free ebook too. Your response is classic! LOL People want everything for nothing…. and when they get it…. they complain. I’m enjoying your ebook! What microphone would you recommend … the best bang for the buck. What do you think of the USB mics that are coming out?

258. [..YouTube..]  Hey David, I give people a free ebook too. Your response is classic! LOL People want everything for nothing…. and when they get it…. they complain. I’m enjoying your ebook! What microphone would you recommend … the best bang for the buck. What do you think of the USB mics that are coming out?

259. [..YouTube..] @DavidCamposComposer Hey David, I give people a free ebook too. Your response is classic! LOL People want everything for nothing…. and when they get it…. they complain. I’m enjoying your ebook! What microphone would you recommend … the best bang for the buck. What do you think of the USB mics that are coming out?

260. [..YouTube..] Great video! i have a QUICK question. Is garage band a bad software to make beat/rec? ect… message me back ANYONE!

261. [..YouTube..] Great video! i have a QUICK question. Is garage band a bad software to make beat/rec? ect… message me back ANYONE!

262. TheFamilia1 says:

[..YouTube..] stop being cheap..buy a condenser mic ..usb…lol..

263. TheFamilia1 says:

[..YouTube..] @SandyCheeksBeach stop being cheap..buy a condenser mic ..usb…lol..

264. TheFamilia1 says:

[..YouTube..] DO YOU SELL HOMES….IM NOT SURE IF THIS WAS A MUSIC VIDEO..OR U SHOWING OF UR HOMES…THE ONE BUY THE SEA…N THE OTHER OTHER ONE…U SHOULD SAVE UR MONEY N GET A NEW COMPUTER SCREENS.

265. TheFamilia1 says:

[..YouTube..] @DavidCamposComposer DO YOU SELL HOMES….IM NOT SURE IF THIS WAS A MUSIC VIDEO..OR U SHOWING OF UR HOMES…THE ONE BUY THE SEA…N THE OTHER OTHER ONE…U SHOULD SAVE UR MONEY N GET A NEW COMPUTER SCREENS.

266. [..YouTube..] This is a very old video. LOL I dont have those anymore

267. [..YouTube..] @gibs2b This is a very old video. LOL I dont have those anymore

268. [..YouTube..] Its fine to get started . once you get familiar with it then you can upgrade to a proper DAW

269. [..YouTube..] @8Jbake8productions Its fine to get started . once you get familiar with it then you can upgrade to a proper DAW

270. [..YouTube..] Sorry bro , I was a bit shy and this is once of my first videos, I was still figuring it all out.

271. [..YouTube..] @vegardini11 Sorry bro , I was a bit shy and this is once of my first videos, I was still figuring it all out.

272. [..YouTube..] you must make sure your levels are correct at each stage of the signal chain

273. [..YouTube..] @Usuf1995 you must make sure your levels are correct at each stage of the signal chain

274. [..YouTube..] @TheFamilia1 Hey my friend , this is a video about my journey building studios and becoming a professional music producer . This video is like years old now and trust me I can afford everything I need . You dont have to watch any of my videos if you dont want to . but thanks for the comment anyway

275. [..YouTube..] Hey my friend , this is a video about my journey building studios and becoming a professional music producer . This video is like years old now and trust me I can afford everything I need . You dont have to watch any of my videos if you dont want to . but thanks for the comment anyway

276. [..YouTube..] @onetongwa coming soon

277. [..YouTube..] coming soon

278. [..YouTube..] Thanks! =) If you want check out my RNB beat the i made on there tell me what you think!?

279. bagheadkelly says:

[..YouTube..] Your passion is inspirational

280. J0SEMIGU3L says:

[..YouTube..] A very rich personal experience with loads of highs and lows and a happy ending with the great music in the background, but this is not what I came here for, your title says “How I Found the Best Home Recording Software and home built studio equipment”

281. Jose Miguel says:

282. Risnew says:

hey man your stuff is great, just wanted to say thanks!!

283. 10Cicegim says:

[..YouTube..] amen,  exactly the same

284. luca974 says:

285. [..YouTube..] David….thank you for you work! Very helpful. I am trying to figure out which software system to use…it gets a bit more complicated though when you want to do both sound and video…I am just starting all of this out….thanks bro…

286. [..YouTube..] i jst loved this video sir…. it inspired me..

287. [..YouTube..] im 10 i want to record

288. Nina jo says:

[..YouTube..] hey, could you help me? i have just baught an editors keys microphone and it sounds great, i would love you do a cover video but i don’t know how to record from my kodak and hear from my studio mic aswell? what do i do?

289. [..YouTube..] led zeppelin <3

290. 03isub says:

[..YouTube..] I am fortunate to find your work and your teaching online and I look forward and excited to learn from you I just got done reading your e-book and was amazed that i had everything I needed to start making great creations and before I sat wondering “what can I buy to make me do great creations” when like you mention in your e-book that every joe has a studio but its LACK OF KNOWLEDGE that we need not expensive gadgets thank you and hope to learn more from your teachings

291. Jezzakeat says:

[..YouTube..] i really enjoyed hearing your story david.. thankyou for the videos as well. You are professional and also seem like a great guy.. i have subscribed.. =]

292. vinvin121 says:

[..YouTube..] 2/3 of the video a life history, 15 secs of telling us which software is ok to use. Plus annoying music too load. So much for background music. Hope the video help!! NO ……..

293. [..YouTube..] Great info thanks

294. Sheblu mia says:

[..YouTube..] Are you aware that anyone can make and download brilliant beats online at “BeatMax Pro” (search on Google for it)? I really enjoyed the video on their website, it could be useful for you also.

295. TheAdam570 says:

[..YouTube..] big mouth

296. [..YouTube..] big mouth

297. jonybravo16 says:

[..YouTube..] @edojooe I already told you when i asked my friend who is working in music field, told me that most of the best music composing softwares are hiding from public. But the software which are used to make killer trance is been public now. i managed to download from here > bit.ly/KKdpG1?=zlmgjf

298. Johnny Bravo says:

299. suranaxxx says:

[..YouTube..] hi David, why do i get unwanted noise from my electric guitar when i switch my pickup while playing a solo? please help me!!! i use mixcraft!!

300. surya rana says:

301. [..YouTube..] people like you are so interesting to listen to ! 0(*_*)0¬ via headphones disconnect from the rest of the world !

302. FineVisionz says:

[..YouTube..] Can you send me the download link to this program?

303. Marco Nabil says:

[..YouTube..] probably that ambient noise (( air flow – fans arround you – etc…. )) to fix this , put a wind screen on the mic and a pop filter infront of the mic , and in the mixing , lower the gain !

304. joshy7312 says:

305. Jon Montoya says:

[..YouTube..] Great stuff, man… I have discovered you recently and saw many of your videos. Congrats for your achievements and you’re living my dream! hehe…(I’m trying to learn the most I can to be a good sound eng./ producer/ artist). Thanks for sharing your knowledge and your honesty when you tell about your stories and personal experiences. Consider me a fan now ;) . God Bless!

306. [..YouTube..] Did you know that everyone can create and then download cool beats online at “Beat Max Pro” (just search on Google for it …)? I definitely enjoyed the video clip on their website, this might be motivational for you also.

307. bankzero0008 says:

[..YouTube..] @uhtvmdo sure is right even i searched for 2 weeks for a better software to make high depth tones. Listen to this i heard that this is the best software used by dj pro’s for their club mixes. have a look here -> bit.ly/QLdEFr?=sbcpbo

308. bankzero0008 says:

[..YouTube..] @uhtvmdo sure is right even i searched for 2 weeks for a better software to make high depth tones. Listen to this i heard that this is the best software used by dj pro’s for their club mixes. have a look here ->bit.ly/QLdEFr?=sbcpbo

309. peterantal85 says:

[..YouTube..] hey David, you could say at least a couple of lines about your special cheap technic of soundproofing. I bet half of the viewers are looking for that, just as I was after reading your ebook, but couldn’t find a word about it. would you please?

310. artistvadski says:

[..YouTube..] very helpful thanks.I do same thing but just for me as a singer musician.Just want to be able to record and mix and master myself.

311. adiblasi says:

[..YouTube..] I really enjoyed watching this! Thanks for sharing.

312. [..YouTube..] i have ur mouse

313. Soare David says:

[..YouTube..] so what program you use ?

314. [..YouTube..] so what program you use ?

315. Green Ghost says:

[..YouTube..] please help i have behringer 1204usb and MXL R144 Ribbon Microphoneand everytime i try to record there’s a disturb sound like sshhh help please because i tried alot on this :( ((

316. Gre enY says:

317. chopapits says:

[..YouTube..] nice monitors

318. sung ki says:

[..YouTube..] nice monitors

319. Soramix2 says:

[..YouTube..] PLEASE RESPOND what type of computer do u have and whats the cost

320. [..YouTube..] PLEASE RESPOND what type of computer do u have and whats the cost

321. [..YouTube..] PLEASE RESPOND what type of computer do u have and whats the cost

322. matthardy179 says:

[..YouTube..] wow, good on you man!! sounds great! Im a muso just about to get into recording and love learning about studio setups and what gear to use…. im getting a mate to build me a computer, sort of like a gaming comp. and then im loading mac os on the system and using it for recording with two 24” screens. expecting it to be about 1400.. i7, 8gb ram, 2gb graph, 1t harddrive, and 128gb solid for system. thats the type of computer id use

323. [..YouTube..] Do you know, everyone can produce and download awesome beats online on “Beat MaxPro” (google it)? I like the video clip on their website, that could be useful for you also.

324. splaijsen says:

[..YouTube..] Dude!! I can`t barely hear what you are saying. Music is too LOUUUD!!!

325. SpecialF95 says:

[..YouTube..] I Got The Same PRoblem Bro

326. [..YouTube..] U are very inspiring n thank for opening my sense lost somewhere i dont know..:-) God bless u bro!

327. nrgshkl093 says:

[..YouTube..] spammer, link does not work. get a life

328. meentronx86 says:

[..YouTube..] why have you blocked my channel “nrgshkl093″ because I said FL Studio is the best for beginners? What have you got against FL Studio? and it is the best for beginners actually…. please unblock my account which is below….

329. meentronx86 says:

[..YouTube..] and please remove the 2 top comments which are both spam and lead to the page of a crappy sequencing application called dubturbo

330. meentronx86 says:

[..YouTube..] those of you who cant listen to what he is saying because of the background music listen on headphones and not on crappy laptop speakers. I can listen to him perfectly well with mine

331. splaijsen says:

[..YouTube..] I do listen with headphones but all of us doesnt have english as first language.

332. Laosta88 says:

[..YouTube..] You’re so cool dude! Very good tips.

333. Todd Terrace says:

[..YouTube..] background music is too loud takes the focus off what your saying

334. zeaney says:

[..YouTube..] nice video checkout my vid

335. TheMikeey3 says:

[..YouTube..] @lyyewuc so right on that, this track is crazy good BTW peeps are using this to get the mp3 of this music => bit.ly/T9BTK4?=bcexf

336. samueldl722 says:

[..YouTube..] South African? :>

337. diegkol says:

338. [..YouTube..] Hi, actually I wanted to ask you what reverb you used on the backwards reverb trick, but i can not find the video now. And I wanted to add something I’ve learned, you can correct me, I found this after 16 years: You can not have a good recording in the same room as where the vocalist/guitarist is doing his/her thing. If you use headphones you ‘hear’ the ambient sound and you try to correct.. and the recording sounds dreadful. Any suggestions (from using a real studio?) Thanks for your videos.

339. ross2503 says:

[..YouTube..] The background music is too loud!

340. [..YouTube..] Shut the fuck up ross2503 u sound like a 90 year old man

341. 7TS3V3N says:

[..YouTube..] Loving your videos, very helpful! BUT I use Sonar X1, how do you feel this compares to qbase or Logic? And also, when trying to mix/master, how do i get the mix to sound similar or all different devices.. Like Mobile phones, Car stereos, tvs, headphones etc.. Because it seems like ever different device i try play it on, the mix sounds way different? Thankyou very much! From Australia :)

342. [..YouTube..] Looking for great mic for male vocals…any suggestions?

343. epicnanner says:

[..YouTube..] I thought it was Lose Yourself by Eminem in the Intro

344. artemorbid says:

[..YouTube..] great video you rule

345. Vero Sound says:

Hi David and everyone:

Great site I just stumbled upon on youtube…

I am coming out of the dark ages, and am looking to revamp my studio – going from a Mac G4 (2001) w/ Logic Audio, to a new mac set up…but I am torn. It costs the same amount for me to get a Mac Book Pro w/ 27 inch monitor as it does to purchase a 27″ iMac plus a Mac Book Air. What is a better solution/set up if I primarily do most of my recording at home in my studio, but sometime need to go out and record live (even to my livingroom with the piano in another room)?

• DavidCampos says:

You know , you can’t really go wrong either way . I used to run my whole studio on a MacBook Pro , but I moved over to an IMac & I love it .

• Vero Sound says:

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback, David.
        So an iMAC + Mac Book Air it is…

If I will be running 200GB of samples, should I save them on the hard drive of the iMAC and Mac Book Air (MBA), or should I save them on an external drive and plug the drive into the system I am working on? Should I also save my project files to the same external drive?

Thanks so much for this feedback! Your insight is priceless.

346. fradaja says:

[..YouTube..] great advice………its never been easier it would have cost 20k 20 years ago to put my setup together…….just learning how to eq each track properly is 90 % of the battle,there is so much BS around audio production,

347. fradaja . says:

348. [..YouTube..] @hpirvdg yes i mean it when i asked my friend who is working in music field, told me that most of the best music composing softwares are hiding from public. But A friend of mine working with Axwell said this software is the bomb for big beats and crazy effects. i found it here ==> bit.ly/VmR2YJ?=tdsnng

349. Chris Ward says:

[..YouTube..] I bought a RODE NT1A. Does the job.

350. meentronx86 says:

[..YouTube..] neither me…I am Indian

351. [..YouTube..] Very inspiring Dave. Incredible snapshot of your daughter on the keyboard back when she was a toddler.. that one must almost choke u up when u see it, it nearly did to me! wow man. so beautiful! cheers

352. THYRDEYE says:

[..YouTube..] This message is for all Indie Recording Artists & Engineers:I am not promoting myself or any band! Join the crusade to deal with the current reality, Many great Indies are not making much money from selling legal downloads. This animated superhero is spreading the message and enlightening music lovers everywhere about what it takes to create quality sounds. Why not get some fundage directly to your fave artists? HELP KEEP GREAT MUSIC ALIVE! Support Indie music! Watch HOMERECORDINGMAN!

353. THYRDEYE says:

[..YouTube..] This message is for all Indie Recording Artists & Engineers: I am not promoting myself or any band! Join the crusade to deal with the current reality, Many great Indies are not making much money from selling legal downloads. This animated superhero is spreading the message and enlightening music lovers everywhere about what it takes to create quality sounds. Why not get some fundage directly to your fave artists? HELP KEEP GREAT MUSIC ALIVE! Support Indie music! Watch HOMERECORDINGMAN!

354. [..YouTube..] If you want full version of Fraps(Recording sowtware) Go to this link: /watch?v=uhcfvYQv8dsWORKS!!!

355. IRSpankz z says:

356. [..YouTube..] seriously the background music is way too loud and obnoxious

357. [..YouTube..] my music sounds really good i use Audacity virual dj free

358. [..YouTube..] Hi, have you discovered Pudgy Paycheck Secret? (search for it on google) You will learn about the serious crimes we commit against our financial lives. With Pudgy Paycheck Secret, you will discover how to make extra money faster.

359. [..YouTube..] joh!! afrikaans???

360. Ali Hallal says:

[..YouTube..] man this guys legit, the imaschine app and beatmaker app has changed things for me!

361. Isis Nite says:

[..YouTube..] im going to mac for recording case microsoft miss it up for music studio case the pc needs more power to run things for any daw out where mac takes less power to run it strang its bad i look it up on like adobe,audacity, and other ones it calls for more cpu i got win/7 64 bit 4ram i3 and was like now i got power not it calls for more cpu to even run audacity shit program see the point lol look like mac and linux win case it only take 64mb ram to run and 300 mgh cpu for mac and linux to run it

362. sania khan says:

[..YouTube..] its very expensive !!! :O

363. Junior Diaz says:

[..YouTube..] Hi my name is Junia I saw your video It was interesting And I hope that you could give me some advice Because lately I’ve been getting the wrong information Datona me that I need to spend millions and millions of dollars just to build a room So hit me up on my email junior10460@yahoo.com

364. Junior Diaz says:

365. GamerXswe says:

366. HEADHiT .Old says:

367. HEADHiT .Old says:

368. [..YouTube..] Can you make an intro for me with my name and shit? add me on skype and we can talk, konrad01carlsson

369. [..YouTube..] Can you make an intro for me with my name and shit? add me on skype and we can talk, konrad01carlsson

370. pol0nium says:

[..YouTube..] It would be a shame for you not to get much more cash when these other people are able to earn extra money so easily after studying Caul Cash Code (Look it up on google).

371. Z4N3BR41N says:

[..YouTube..] this is a tutorial not a biography

372. [..YouTube..] this is a tutorial not a biography

373. [..YouTube..] im up to about $13000 in equipment.check my page.feel free to leave questions. its expensive,but i buy as i go.

374. bibbisbibbis says:

[..YouTube..] Says who..?Seriously how can YOU state something like that?

375. bibbisbibbis says:

[..YouTube..] Says who..?Seriously how can YOU state something like that?

376. gmanjam says:

[..YouTube..] Any suggestions on recording LIVE music using the NEW Windows 8, and eliminating the incumbent latency issues…???

377. badmonkey91 says:

[..YouTube..] your dream studio includes standard def CRT monitors? LCD or LED monitors would look better, give you better resolutions and don’t bathe you in radiation. They also offer smaller/thinner bezels which would work better for a multi-screen setup. Seeing those dinosaurs is making my inner techie cringe

378. badmonkey91 says:

379. TheCottonTop says:

[..YouTube..] “Me Me Me Me!”

380. [..YouTube..] 3 minutes into it and still no tutorial!!!… just egotistical blabber!

381. Anees Ismail says:

[..YouTube..] you lost 3 minutes from my life

382. [..YouTube..] I am an expert in music production. After countless hours of research I finally found the #1 program for music creation ever created. please visit my channel and find the link I posted for this software

383. Kevin Smith says:

[..YouTube..] Check the date. This video was made 3 years ago and he would have purchased his equipment before it was made.

384. lucas danny says:

[..YouTube..] You Can Easily Make Any Modern Genre Of Music! the pro beat making software here MUSICMAKER.NETNE.{NET]

385. tarryman98 says:

[..YouTube..] Hi David: Thank you for your inspiring video. Been a long time messing about with this technology with no result; financially or creatively. Just shot a video of my studio reorganization. New beginnings. All the Best.

386. moonchard says:

[..YouTube..] It’s absolute torture listening to that music loop. I found it impossible to continue to the end.

387. doom2kill says:

[..YouTube..] This video is not a tutorial it is to show how he found the best daw….read the title people.

388. Leo Charette says:

389. [..YouTube..] Bruh fuck yo life storyNobody wanna hear it

390. [..YouTube..] How do I mix of the background music so I can listen to what you say?

391. [..YouTube..] great thankyou