Reverse Reverb effect in Logic or FL Studio or any DAW

The Reverse Reverb effect is actually a very powerful technique . I use reverse Reverb often especially to create a otherworldly effect with a dash of Drama or suspense !!

I use this effect on anything and everything. You can use it to bring in a chorus in a song instead of the old reverse cymbol trick (oops …I just gave away another reverse trick) . You can use it every second snare in a loop and trust me if you listen carefully to alot of music many people have done this before. You can use it as a sound effect for film or TV etc..

Its actually little tricks like this that make up the arsenal of a good producer . Surprisingly most people don’t know how to do the reverse reverb effect. There are plugins that try and emulate the effect but its just not the same. Its actually impossible.

In this video I reveal step by step how to do the reverse reverb effect. This trick was passed down to me by some old music gurus who taught me all these little secrets that I use today on my DAW. They used to do this with razors and sticky tape ….imagine that ??

As always , everything I teach can be applied to any DAW . look at the principles . If some old guys could do this with analogue tape and razors then you can do it on cubase or protools.

This entry was posted in Computer Recording Software. Bookmark the permalink.

Facebook comments:

379 Responses to Reverse Reverb effect in Logic or FL Studio or any DAW

1. Westsound191 says:

[..YouTube..] Yep… I knew this was what you were going to do. Great effect.

2. [..YouTube..] @Westsound191 how did you find the video so fast ? I just uploaded it 2 minutes ago LOL ??

3. Westsound191 says:

[..YouTube..] @DavidCamposComposer Shows up in my subscription box. I’m just taking a break from working on a track.

4. Westsound191 says:

[..YouTube..] Anyway – looking forward to more great vids like this my friend. I’ll do a few tutorials myself at some point – although not to give too much away at this point :-)

5. [..YouTube..] @Westsound191 Sharing is caring :-)

6. Marcel Soares says:

Just amazing !! I always wanted to know how to achieve this kind of FX… And it´s so stupidly simple!!Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge!

7. Westsound191 says:

[..YouTube..] @DavidCamposComposer True :-)

8. [..YouTube..] new to youtube,your beats hot,check my beats out

9. Joseph says:

God Bless u David. Thanks a lot for this!

10. chessdude67 says:

[..YouTube..] Very cool! Thanks for another good lesson.peace!

11. Juan Aragon Perez says:

Hello David, a very interesting trick, thank you.

Do you think that if Fleetwood Mac “Albatros” were recorded to day without the use of a drummer, the sound of the cymbol that we hear in the background of the song,
    could be reproduced with that trick of yours?

Regards.

Juan

• DavidCampos says:

Hi Juan

Those cymbols in fleetwood mac “Albatros” are actually suspended cymbols played with a mallet . Either a timpani or yarn mallet .

BUT you are right , you could achieve a similar result with reverse reverb :-)

12. [..YouTube..] First of all, I respect you as a producer and I think you’re really great, but isn’t this the same as reversing a sample with reverb in the mixer? I don’t know if I would call this “reverse reverb” as much as I would call it “reversing a sample with reverb”. I also heard you say “bouncing down” reverb. You didn’t go into that. Could you explain?

13. musstingo says:

Hey David,

thank you for sharing your secrets.

Please let me know what you meant when you said this part is ‘bounced down’ with the reverb.

14. bbuck822 says:

[..YouTube..] Great tip/trick again David. I look forward to your next vid! Keep up the great work my friend, I really appreciate it.

15. KidWuzi says:

[..YouTube..] thats sweet man Great trick… Thanks mate awesome stuff

16. KYLEZ0R09 says:

[..YouTube..] Love this effect. Subbed!!!!!!!

17. glen hagerman says:

Thank you for the info, I will use it. Your the greatest.

18. [..YouTube..] bro you are the fckin best the way you show me is so easy i was doing the hard way

19. [..YouTube..] @producerboy29 Thanks for the compliment

20. [..YouTube..] @164ItsAllAboutMe164 NO its not the same. First we reverse the sound , then we add the reverb and then we reverse both again. So now the sound is going forward but the reverb is going backward

21. Nusoundsnow says:

[..YouTube..] Thanks a billion for sharing this. I love how you present your vids.

22. [..YouTube..] this is good

23. [..YouTube..] thank you so much man! been tryin this for a long time….would have never imagined that it was that easy….where r you from?

24. [..YouTube..] @LyricalAssassin Im from South Africa

25. Isaiahc123 says:

[..YouTube..] GOOD JOB IT HELPED ALOT I DIDNT KNOW THAT WAS WHAT A REVERB DOES NOW I KNOW THANKYOU I WILL STAY TUNED!

26. Ruth says:

Can you do this in cubase 5?. Very onteresting all your explanations, Thanks a lot

27. tonymedina34 says:

[..YouTube..] You are very generous man. God bless you. Keep up the great work.

28. BFMVRULE555 says:

[..YouTube..] YES MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

29. makebeats101 says:

[..YouTube..] Wow great trick. Check out my videos for an awesome DAW for beginners.

30. [..YouTube..] @164ItsAllAboutMe164 Bouncing down is when you save selected audio files or ‘bounce’ them down into one file. You can virtually save it also as you can see on the right he drags the file back across from a folder.If you don’t know what bouncing down is how can you pretend to know what reverse reverb is…

31. [..YouTube..] @LostInNumbersMusic Thanks for the definition there . Sometimes I need to explain in more detail for beginners who are missing the basics. Teaching is something I’m still figuring out

32. desinfector says:

[..YouTube..] man, I was looking for this for ages.I dont have your programs but I guess I can do this as well now.Thanks for your tut.

33. [..YouTube..] @DavidCamposComposer No worries, you did a good job teaching how to create reverse reverb. Sometimes people commenting on Youtube think they know a lot about something when they clearly don’t and criticize the uploader. Good job on the videos and thanks for the request!

34. allansed says:

[..YouTube..] What kind of laptop is that I know it is a macbook pro but what is the size and processor and how much ram?

35. [..YouTube..] @allansed 2.53 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo4GB Ram

36. [..YouTube..] George Martin used it for the Beatles in 1965 for Revolver , that’s one of the reasons why they stopped tourring , because at the time it was impossible to recreate live .

37. [..YouTube..] @themetropolitains WOW !! Thanks for the info . I know that George Martin was a real music technology pioneer and this just proves it .

38. gzussturbo says:

[..YouTube..] Clever! Thanks for the info!!

39. Narcis005 says:

[..YouTube..] awesome.

40. ossi43 says:

[..YouTube..] cool man thanks!

41. tintala says:

[..YouTube..] you should explain what is bounced down and how to do that/?

42. TheWezid says:

[..YouTube..] i have found the less effects you use the better it sounds on the studio deluxe 7

43. B3ATROOT says:

[..YouTube..] It sounds like you say ‘let’s go into my daughter’

44. chrislpp says:

[..YouTube..] do music technology degeree, you will know how to do this then!

45. D'wyze Diercmann Wieslam says:

Thats rily awesme touches to mekin gud sound. Vry simple and swift.

46. juanjo7787 says:

[..YouTube..] check out the song i made with reason 4.0 youtube.com/watch?v=7grofCZQVIMthumbs up if you like it! thanks!

47. Nick says:

Hey David, great site man! just subscribed to your ebook! Great to see a South African dude doing rad stuff like this. My knowledge of production is steadily growing and site’s like these are what have helped me progress. shot man!

48. pppeeeppee says:

[..YouTube..] You should work on learning ENGLISH!

49. dairniel says:

[..YouTube..] Check out the vocals on ‘Cheapskate’ by Supergrass. watch?v=KXi6xPL52qU

50. technoshitor says:

[..YouTube..] if this guy is so good why has he got the nasty intro song!

51. ndb1971 says:

[..YouTube..] @themetropolitains Wrong, Jimmy Page is credited with pioneering this technique on the Yardbirds recording “Ten Little Indians” in 1967. It is also known as backwards echo, Glyn Johns told Page it could not be done, but when Page recorded “You Shook Me” with Johns as the engineer, Page proved him wrong.

52. dairniel says:

[..YouTube..] @themetropolitains Yea ndb1971 is correct. I think you must be thinking of the reverse guitar in I’m Only Sleeping (Revolver). That isn’t reverse reverb though, it’s just reverse guitar.

53. [..YouTube..] nice that really helps

54. [..YouTube..] the tutor homie dude sounds south african.

55. kennyjbeatz says:

[..YouTube..] FOR THE DOPEST BEATS GO TO KENNYJBEATZ (.) COM FOR FREE BEAT DOWNLOADS GO GO GO!! LIMITED TIME ONLY, FREE BEAT DOWNLOADS

56. [..YouTube..] @dairniel Yes, there is reverse reverb on “I’m Only Sleeping” as long as backward guitar. It’s been noted by more than a few sources.

57. focntt says:

[..YouTube..] “Your God” from Stone Sour stars with this very effect on Corey’s vocals.nice.

58. [..YouTube..] WOW! Thanks! Very useful! :)

59. tafxkz says:

[..YouTube..] super interesting, thanks for sharing

60. [..YouTube..] Bruno Mars uses this effect at the beginning of Grenade

61. [..YouTube..] Back in the 80′s I played through a reverb pedal made by Vesta fire. I have looked all over to try to buy one of these pedals with no luck. It had a reverse reverb setting on it that sounded just crazy!

62. [..YouTube..] @Metalmanmania357 You dont have a recording for me to hear do you ? I could try and analyse what it was doing and help you replicate it

63. person19281 says:

[..YouTube..] Good, but you spend way to much time talking. I just wanted to learn how! However, it taught me exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks a lot!

64. MrChuckman64 says:

[..YouTube..] You can use it on a harmonica…

65. zinc4life says:

[..YouTube..] @Metalmanmania357 did you try EBAY?

66. Lukechikkala says:

[..YouTube..] Thanks man!! A very cool trick it is.. Which software are you using in this??

67. YoungShiz says:

[..YouTube..] Hi If it possible can u make a video about Stereo Imagining and how its done thanx :)

68. [..YouTube..] @Metalmanmania357 There’s no way your pedal was generating reverse reverb. It would need to hear into the future to do so. The 80s were a good time….

69. Lurvade says:

[..YouTube..] south africa rep!

70. excess66 says:

[..YouTube..] David,thanks for the video, man. Great stuff! I came across it looking to get that washed out vocal reverb from the 80s that a lot of the indie bands are using now like Broken Bells on The High Road for instance. Any ideas? Any time I use a big plate or chamber it sounds awful and doesn’t fit in the track. How do you make the longer verbs sound good?Thanks

71. 1230hagen says:

[..YouTube..] @NothingPersonalTA Haha I always just laugh whenever anyone says there is a pedal that gives you reverse reverb. I then try to explain to them that It would have to know what you’re about to play in order to make a reverse reverb into it. some people just don’t get it.

72. Vidmakr6302 says:

[..YouTube..] hey dave i’m starting to make and record my own music. At the moment i am getting into glitch and IDM styled composing. I was wondering if i use a beat production center (akai xr20) and record the drum kit, sounds, etc into my composition, could I sell and publisize the sounds in my musical piece?. Im not sure if copyright comes into equation if i record physical synths, beats , and sounds externally that I have. BTW i use Reason Record.

73. [..YouTube..] dude your video is very helpful but after i reverse the vocals i am working on, i can’t seems to reverse them back in the sampler editor. i don’t even get the option to do so! can you please help me?

74. [..YouTube..] @Metalmanmania357 My rhythm guitarist has one of those a real 80s one with exactly what you said on it!

75. adesattftl says:

[..YouTube..] dude, that sounds fucking awesome

76. [..YouTube..] @SlashIsRockNRoll2010 No doubt, probably worth a bunch a money dude! I can not find one anywhere. I loved the long hall effect on that pedal. I would play through that Vestafire and a simple Boss DS-1 distortion pedal through an old Ampeg half stack. The sound was amazing

77. [..YouTube..] @Metalmanmania357 sounds awesome dude! DS-1s have such a kick too em good choice!

78. [..YouTube..] @zinc4life Man, I have tried Ebay and I also put a wanted add at Craigs list. Such a tough find. Any ideas would be appreciated big time.

79. [..YouTube..] @NothingPersonalTA I guess your right ha ha, never thought of that. That is what the setting says on the pedal any hooo.

80. [..YouTube..] @SlashIsRockNRoll2010 What kind of distortion are you playing through. I have had alot of luck with Boss Metal Zone too. It has a little EQ on it pretty nice and affordable. Whats the name of your group dude? I know your a slash fan. Fucking amazing player right there man. You can always tell its him with that Les Paul and a wah pedal straight through a Marshal Stack. What a signature sound bro!

81. [..YouTube..] @Metalmanmania357 nice man! I have a DS-1 running through the boost channel on a Marshall MA coz its got more of a warm sound than the amps overdrive and ofcourse ive got the wah running through it haha. I am a slash fan but ive looked at alot of other guitarist since then and my style kinda like richie kotzen/harry cody based! My bands called Lock N’ Load, Find us on facebook if you want haha. you in a band?

82. Hector Rivera says:

I love what your doing, showing and giving the expert knowledge that you have to people who want to learn. Awesome videos clear and easy to understand.

83. ppptpot says:

[..YouTube..] How do I reverse reverb a midi note? Cos I can seem to open them into the sampler….help

84. Nick says:

Hey man, great job. Thanks for the tip. Got your ebook. Will probably buy a class at some point.

85. bacelines says:

[..YouTube..] I want to do this at the start of a track i have, i chopped the front off so all instruments and vocals come in with a big impact, but i remember this video and thought it would be a good idea to use this effect before the start of the song as it ill probably be the first song on our EP. and sound cool with a nice rush up into the first track.. :) but Im not sure if you mentioned it, but is it going to to matter if i use a sample that is not from the actual song that id be using it for?

86. Derekmanster says:

[..YouTube..] Good video thanks for the tipsBaby Cow

87. [..YouTube..] This might be a stupid question… But I am a hobbiest musician can I do this on GarageBand because I can not figure out how to reverse my vocal track

88. Fraseramt says:

[..YouTube..] how do you do this on a mac? :/

89. [..YouTube..] I do it slightly differently… Get great results.. But hey, more than 1 way to skin a cat lol -B

90. MistaMase102 says:

[..YouTube..] hold on, your DAW is logic, but at the start of the vid you have a pc….hmmm theres some witchcraft going on here….

91. [..YouTube..] i ve got you book “music production 101″

92. HotHoy43 says:

[..YouTube..] Helped me alot

93. SCREAMOpants says:

[..YouTube..] reminds me when there’s that sweet exorcist effect in movies. Or, those movies where there’s a paranormal entity trapped in a television.

94. [..YouTube..] can i ask you what program are you using here

95. PeresD says:

[..YouTube..] thanks a million nice tip !

96. marsman05 says:

[..YouTube..] I just stumbled across your video. I always wondered how they did this! Most notably Tool use it a lot on the vocals. Adds an errie kind of effect… I can hear it a lot in movies too. Thanks for the tip.. it’s so easy too!!

97. Mrprop5 says:

[..YouTube..] so hey i have a question i produce my own tracks and i was wondering about this effect that ive heard other artist use that sort of makes your voice move from left to right, right to left so on an so forth… could you help me out???

98. BUNI666 says:

[..YouTube..] thumbs up if u thought it sounded like the lion king

99. mShanaynay says:

[..YouTube..] yadadeihaaaaaah!!

100. TimsgiarK says:

[..YouTube..] man iv been wantin this for a loong time. thanks!

101. TheKittu4 says:

[..YouTube..] @Mrprop5 it’s called panning. pan to left..or to right..

102. [..YouTube..] What is “bouncing it down”???

103. [..YouTube..] HEY. i downloaded your ebook and it was pretty helpful. but i recently got a new laptop. and i tried to record some stuff on it just using a mixer, and it sounded horible. my first guess is that the sound card is crappy. is that true?

104. cen208 says:

[..YouTube..] How do u do this on reason4.I need help please!

105. theehotgirl1 says:

[..YouTube..] I’m on Pro 8, and bringing my bounced track back into a channel strip wont let me re-reverse the clip… Is it because of 8?

106. brazwen says:

[..YouTube..] Check out a song call When the Levee breaks by Led Zeppelin. They used a lot of Reverse Reverb, Delays and Echoes.

107. yankiez says:

[..YouTube..] does the song “Grenade” used this effect in the beginning?

108. [..YouTube..] can’t tell if south african or just kiwi

109. Iggzsquad30 says:

[..YouTube..] Thanx man u da man!!!

110. gdotmoney5 says:

[..YouTube..] Does anyone know how to “bounce down” the track in ableton 8.2.2?I reverse my clip, and apply the reverb, but can’t figure out how to “bounce down” the new track. Without being able to bounce it, it deletes the reverb and reapplies it everything I reverse the clip, so all I can get is a basic reverb

111. BigJyeTV says:

[..YouTube..] Thanks for much for posting this video….This is something I wanted to do when I first heard it (Gravediggaz used it) but couldn’t explain what the effect was!

112. [..YouTube..] reason vs logic?for electronica and dance??

113. [..YouTube..] looks like a young Tom Denney

114. iDrStix says:

[..YouTube..] Thank you so much, this has inspired me!

115. TimeIzFast says:

[..YouTube..] What midi keyboard is that on my right on the screen?! please reply

116. HenrydeBeli says:

[..YouTube..] Hi David. This is a question for you or anyone that may read this comment and may be interested in helping me. How do producers find their sounds? I used to download files from the internet all the time but I mostly cluttered up my computer with crappy free sounds that didn’t really sound like what I needed. Should I download more free stuff? or buy Producing kits for quality sounds? or go into a store like Sam Ash and see if they have anything they could offer me? I need great quality sounds!

117. [..YouTube..] what program are you using to do that? i play guitar and need some recording equipment, do you have any preferences?

118. Morales148 says:

[..YouTube..] is this only on mac? and if there is for windows hit me up. thanx

119. [..YouTube..] I’ve used this technique with echoes as well (it opens our song “Return of The King”) I call it “Pre-echo” and it is a great way to embellish a hook when used sparingly.

120. k1llum1nat says:

[..YouTube..] nice effect will try it thx

121. [..YouTube..] this was the first video of yours i ever watched and i have been continuing for the past few months. i’m now reading your ebook and savoring every minute of it. i am so thankful for people like you who share their knowledge when it comes to music and don’t act like snobs. you’re the best and please keep up the good work.

122. [..YouTube..] @HenrydeBeli why dont you start making your own sounds? or using a program like sound forge to mess around with them. that’s what i do and sometimes i can’t even believe the stufff that i’m getting.

123. [..YouTube..] Starts at 1:45

124. Twin2Fly says:

[..YouTube..] Thank i appreciate it. I supported u by clicking the ad.

125. khujii6 says:

[..YouTube..] Are you on mac mate?

126. bigbaby618 says:

[..YouTube..] @mShanaynay haaaaaahiedaday

127. ttocskcaj says:

[..YouTube..] @khujii6 I’d assume so. Logic only works on OSx

128. [..YouTube..] It’s bigger than hip hop, hip hop, hip hop, hipIt’s bigger than hip hop, hip hop, hip hop, hip hop

129. YeRG90 says:

[..YouTube..] This was one of the best youtube experiences by far!…

130. [..YouTube..] passed down through the eons, and now it’s on youtube.

131. Jonathan says:

Dude, this is so awesome!

132. kaylene713 says:

[..YouTube..] This is really cool!!! I’ve always wanted to use an effect like this, but didn’t know how nor what it was called! Thank you!!!!I use Garageband, which doesn’t allow the reversal of a track, so I have to export to Audacity then send it back to Garageband.

133. [..YouTube..] thank u :)

134. [..YouTube..] I figured this technique out about a decade ago. I thought there would be a shortcut to do this by now but ah well….

135. LukeSega says:

[..YouTube..] Where Do YOu Got this fresh vocal sample from. Sound hot!nice tutorial

136. [..YouTube..] @LukeSega Thanks bro I recorded it in my old studio a couple of years ago

137. Faceuvdeth says:

[..YouTube..] dude you go way too fast through that bouncin shit

138. bobbaco1 says:

[..YouTube..] did anyone else notice slyfox and pbat in the background?

139. jorgetvilla says:

[..YouTube..] uh, just so you know, you are awesome, thank you for this tip, most music producers wont share this kind of information because they dont wanna give away their prescious secrets.

140. [..YouTube..] How do you do the bounce thingy on fl studio??? :)

141. [..YouTube..] @ediblecheddar No its Logic Pro

142. [..YouTube..] @DavidCamposComposer yeh i mean i thought fl studio may have the same tool lol, dw worked it out now using edison and thankyou for the video :)

143. korobkov1 says:

[..YouTube..] i know it from eminem ..

144. loopylokre says:

[..YouTube..] I did not know what this effect was called, I wanted to do it for years, and now i found it by accident..lol

145. HouZeMeistaZ says:

[..YouTube..] Nice tricks, know it before, but i did it another way. so it`s easier! Thanks and thumbs up.Regards from Hamburg / Germany

146. [..YouTube..] Thank you so much.

147. Seroc000 says:

[..YouTube..] Is there a way to do it with midi instead of audio???

148. [..YouTube..] @Seroc000 I’m sorry but its impossible with MIDI

149. immobile2005 says:

[..YouTube..] What’s even more fun is to kill the dry signal and then mix what you come up with back on top of the original file, but turn it down and offset it so it appears to be reverb from the original track, but it’s something completely different if you listen closer

150. blakeyou91 says:

[..YouTube..] or you could reverse the audio file, add reverb, record that signal to an auxiliary track, then you have the original and aux with effect on it, reverse the original back, reverse the auxiliary backn now you have the original and a aux channel with just wet reverb, doing it this way allows you to adjust the gain better and much more accurately adjust the reverb amount on the audio clip.i do this in pro toolsdunno if this helps

151. [..YouTube..] Press 9 over again. “I like to shit” haha

152. javiixJ says:

[..YouTube..] I learned this with FL Studio Guru in 30 seconds… Just Sayin

153. [..YouTube..] @Seroc000 if you right click on the midi you want to use, then press bounce in place, then an audio file should be created with the same noise as your midi file. This means you can then do this effect. check out my channel :)

154. dulaone says:

[..YouTube..] Imagine if you did that to a jazz saxophone sample.

155. Flaquar says:

[..YouTube..] @Seroc000 Yes. Bounce your MIDI track into an audio file. Then use an audio editor to reverse the sound and apply reverb. Take the sound into your DAW and reverse it again. Boom! Reverse reverb on MIDI.

156. Seroc000 says:

[..YouTube..] @DavidCamposComposer , @KnightmareDub , @Flaquar Thanks for the reply. Too bad it won’t work with midi, since it would have been a lot easier ;) I use Ableton Live, so there is a different way of doing it there, but the same principe :D Thanks for the revers reverb tutorial, it’s just awesome :D

157. jbarnett54 says:

[..YouTube..] thanks for sharing this, ive been trying to figure this out for a while now. turns out i was just over thinking it. simple technique, but a powerful one.

158. Jay Barnett says:

159. [..YouTube..] I wouldn’t call that a reversed reverb. I’d call it a sample with reverb reversed. Change title.

160. [..YouTube..] Enhorabuena. Queremos mas video tutoriales. Impalastudios. Visita mi canal para oir mis tracks. Gracias. impalastudio@gmail.com

161. ajohnson929 says:

[..YouTube..] brilliant. thanks

162. CEQUEUE says:

[..YouTube..] Awesome thanks

163. MikeDbeatZ says:

[..YouTube..] Hiiii David !!

164. ZaZues says:

[..YouTube..] Attention Musicians, Rappers and Singers! RSonic is giving away 2 free home recording studios! Details for the contest is under my Contest video submission. Check it out before Jan. 31st!

165. [..YouTube..] you are the man bro

166. eradubbo says:

[..YouTube..] @ediblecheddar export the sample and bring it back in

167. coolshit28 says:

[..YouTube..] Dope. I’m gonna have a play with that effect. Nice.

168. yoSwaziBoy1 says:

[..YouTube..] lol, the vocals are from a south african singer ntando

169. [..YouTube..] @yoSwaziBoy1 You’re right !! You got a good ear !!

170. [..YouTube..] @yoSwaziBoy1 You’re right !! You got a good ear !!

171. [..YouTube..] HIIIIIII IM DAVD

172. paulb100 says:

[..YouTube..] thanks :)

173. Eautobot says:

[..YouTube..] dude i started going crazy lmao THATS SOO FUCKIN CLEAN ive been tryna find our how to use this with my raps 3:48

174. Bt$ says:

175. Bt$ Music says:

176. domisking says:

[..YouTube..] Thanks brillant video I use a different program but this is helpful

177. [..YouTube..] ty!! :) )

178. DoctorSess says:

[..YouTube..] good stuff, simple really, but effective

179. Rupak Bhattacharya says:

What a magical trick!!! Too simple yet too powerful!!! I indeed heard this effect in many musics as well as movies. Thanks a lot David! Your humbleness and generosity for sharing such secret tips would be a significant instance of humanity! Lots of regards and respects to you.

180. [..YouTube..] Excellent. Thanks.

181. Fury says:

[..YouTube..] Excellent. Thanks.

182. 2020lenny says:

[..YouTube..] blah blah blah get on with it man!!

183. TimpBizkit says:

[..YouTube..] Record your voiceReverse the trackAdd reverbReverse the track againHave fun sounding like a creepy ghost!!

184. Tim Lewis says:

[..YouTube..] Record your voice Reverse the track Add reverb Reverse the track again Have fun sounding like a creepy ghost!!

185. JoelATL877 says:

[..YouTube..] its old school but nice

186. IScH45I says:

[..YouTube..] i know your name is spanish, but your accent is british, wut?

187. IScH45I says:

[..YouTube..] @Seroc000 but you can sample the midi, export as audio, put it in your DAW and then apply the effect

188. IScH45I says:

[..YouTube..] but you can sample the midi, export as audio, put it in your DAW and then apply the effect

189. MentalVizion says:

[..YouTube..] @ediblecheddar just export it, and import it as a sample :P

190. MentalVizion says:

[..YouTube..] just export it, and import it as a sample :P

191. MrSkidooguy1 says:

[..YouTube..] Try some Hardstyle reverb bass

192. M424Filmcast says:

[..YouTube..] @IScH45I That sounds more like a South African accent, not british. Big difference.But, yeah, I have a friend from South Africa with an Irish last name, but speaks with the accent of an Afrikaaner. She grew up in Cape Town.

193. M424Filmcast says:

[..YouTube..] That sounds more like a South African accent, not british. Big difference.But, yeah, I have a friend from South Africa with an Irish last name, but speaks with the accent of an Afrikaaner. She grew up in Cape Town.

194. fragment7 says:

[..YouTube..] @DavidCamposComposer track ur midi instrument then reverse it..

195. fragment7 says:

[..YouTube..] track ur midi instrument then reverse it..

196. Steph4Xmen says:

[..YouTube..] c,est trop malaaaaaaaaaaaaade hahaha. Jvais essayer sa avec un programme XD. estce que ca marche avec tout les programme ca ?

197. Capeau says:

[..YouTube..] @Seroc000 lol

198. Capeau says:

[..YouTube..] lol

199. hairpinturns says:

[..YouTube..] @Seroc000 bounce the midi track out, then import it back in as an audio file

200. hairpinturns says:

[..YouTube..] bounce the midi track out, then import it back in as an audio file

201. dunedinman50 says:

[..YouTube..] His accent is South African, -never ever heard anyone speak like that here in UK, only other one worse than that is a Kiwi accent

202. [..YouTube..] Ya know that in Logic, there is a “reverse reverb” button. Just saying.

203. [..YouTube..] Ya know that in Logic, there is a “reverse reverb” button. Just saying.

204. [..YouTube..] @MedievalHollywood Thanks bro but that would defeat the object of me teaching the principle of it. Once you know how you can do it on any DAW anytime anywhere. You could even do it on tape if you’de like to .

205. [..YouTube..] Thanks bro but that would defeat the object of me teaching the principle of it. Once you know how you can do it on any DAW anytime anywhere. You could even do it on tape if you’de like to .

206. [..YouTube..] @MedievalHollywood Thanks bro but that would defeat the object of me teaching the principle of it. Once you know how you can do it on any DAW anytime anywhere. You could even do it on tape if you’de like to .

207. Jesseprit says:

[..YouTube..] Tks for that. Was always wondering how they do that.

208. [..YouTube..] going to try this out now , remember guys use Internet explorer and right click “save target as” or the PDF won’t download im a firefox user myself but I would never have thought of reverbing something backwards

209. MRVDUBDUB says:

[..YouTube..] great tips thanks from Unknown Dubs

210. KroductionHD says:

[..YouTube..] great tuturials, keep it up :) (check out my aatiyah remix in my videos thx)

211. [..YouTube..] when i bounce it it doesnt pick up the reverb tail?

212. laurierken says:

[..YouTube..] This shit is the reason music is so fucked these days. Computers. Non musical talent.

213. WongKi Shoo says:

[..YouTube..] Ha! … 5 years of producing and I’m only just learning this now.. Before learning this I’ve taken the root of using the “blur” feature in edison.. this way seems a LOT quicker and seems to have a lot more control.. Excellent vid!

214. Anonymous says:

215. kinghrath says:

[..YouTube..] It takes musical talent to write music kid. And thats whats happening. just with a different medium.

216. laurierken says:

[..YouTube..] At almost 50, I left the kid in me long ago. A different medium, eh? Keep telling yourself that. Legions of American Idol fans might share that opinion, not me. Instead of fiddlefucking with a computer, plug a Les Paul into a Marshall stack and make some real music. Y’aint never going to do anything with the power of Deep Purple’s “Smoke On The Water”, or anything like Angus Young can do with that laptop. Ever. No matter how many programs you have. Truth.

217. kinghrath says:

[..YouTube..] I’ll make people weep with joy using a lap top old man. classic guitar? Sweet man!Lap top? Sweet man!It’s music, shut the fuck up and enjoy it.

218. King Hrath says:

[..YouTube..] I’ll make people weep with joy using a lap top old man. classic guitar? Sweet man! Lap top? Sweet man! It’s music, shut the fuck up and enjoy it.

219. laurierken says:

[..YouTube..] I’d engage you in an intelligent debate of syntesized music vs. honest made music, but with your head stuck that far up your ass, it’d be doubtful you’d be able to partake in such a debate. Run along now, I think you have a world of warcraft game that is paused you need to return to. Cheers.

220. kinghrath says:

[..YouTube..] Who said you only wrote synthesized music on a computer? Your head must be so far up your husbands ass for you to think that. There’s no way i could have an, “intelligent” conversation with the best representation of a stereotypical old white man I’ve EVER seen. Get out, you don’t know enough about music to even think about arguing with me.

221. [..YouTube..] dude thank you so much! i have been trying to figure this out ever since ive been producing!!!!

222. Kid123Aus says:

[..YouTube..] THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

223. ReefLoretto says:

[..YouTube..] Also the “reverse reverb” preset, unless you know how to tweak it according to the sound you’re looking for doesn’t usually work in a mix… Or maybe that’s just me :/

224. GCWaves says:

[..YouTube..] You could just use EnVerb.

225. TheDjFaraj says:

[..YouTube..] Thanks for the tip man!

226. JerraMai says:

[..YouTube..] holy crap, ive heard this effect so much in dance music and ive tried to recreate it so many times, but now i can finally do it properly!!thank you so much mate!!!

227. DjEsemar says:

[..YouTube..] does anyone know how to reverse in garageband?

228. DANIEL99062 says:

[..YouTube..] No man, I am struggling with that, I personally would do it all with a wave editor. It’s a free download for the Mac. You can easily reverse you vocals or music using it. I don’t have much confidence with recording. Im a musician Ut when I see You- Daniel Day but I still have a lot to learn. It’s not easy doing this stuff alone and some of these tutorials are far to fast and take forever to take in

229. DANIEL99062 says:

[..YouTube..] Oh sorry its called wave pad!!!

230. DjEsemar says:

[..YouTube..] hey thanks man i’ll look into that where can i download?

231. DANIEL99062 says:

[..YouTube..] Just Google it friend it Is easy to find and 3!

232. DjEsemar says:

[..YouTube..] ok

233. [..YouTube..] I imagined putting that sound on a snare and just making a very pooowerful reverb and I smiled very big, in the middle of class.

234. roygbiv330 says:

[..YouTube..] you helped me give an intuitive hint about reberb. its no more than that power (the waveform voltage) decreases over time. the waveform area is simply equivalent to the energy. none of explanations about it on videos or homepages in my language ever satisfied me, although they call themselves highly skilled p.a engineers.(sigh)

235. UnoMatador says:

[..YouTube..] easy to follow tutorial thanks

236. kinyakin says:

[..YouTube..] how do i make the reverb part of that audio file? it works when i apply the reverb and i can hear it, but when i bring it back in and reverse it, it still starts where i started speaking and doesnt have the antisustain

237. kinyakin says:

[..YouTube..] dude @laurierken quite while your ahead, musics subjective, everyone knows that, most artists these days are just as talented but you gotta go with the flow, and yeahh as that guy said, their expressing it through different mediums, you dont realise how pretentious you sound

238. [..YouTube..] Yh these 2 Old men —- 1 of them being my father …… Way to insult your father

239. robotchas says:

[..YouTube..] Skip to 1:45 to see the actual lesson.

240. TheRealJuSs1 says:

[..YouTube..] Mann that is very cool to do. I’m at Full Sail University right now for Music Production and I’m learning a lot from you as well. Thanks for doing this.

241. jbraun4790 says:

[..YouTube..] ha i just did that yesterday to one of my tracks then i watched this! Its cool for the bass drums too gives in a nice shove forward.

242. EnzoGrimEr says:

[..YouTube..] dude check out my video i have a lot of packs and tools for fl studio.. all you need is there :) watch?v=aE0hUnP_PvI

243. nako232 says:

[..YouTube..] como hago para poner un oxygen 90 en tiempo real que no puedo mi hermano te agradeceria que me ayudaras

244. ImXiaoTiger says:

[..YouTube..] Should i get a mixer Traktor 4 or a korg ms-2000 keyboard for my music production? I’m new

245. [..YouTube..] THANK YOU ! I was looking everywhere how to make that particular sound !Keep up the good work ! ;)

246. SoundPlace says:

[..YouTube..] THANK YOU ! I was looking everywhere how to make that particular sound ! Keep up the good work ! ;)

247. AlexaCesa013 says:

[..YouTube..] love the accent. ;D

248. inkymoon says:

[..YouTube..] The first 1:44 would be edited out if this was a TV production

249. gnarlybird says:

[..YouTube..] I’m using Sony Acidstudio 8.0. I tried this trick, but with my DAW, I add reverb via an effects button on the particular track on the mixer. I reversed the track, added reverb, then reversed it again and all I got was normal forward reverb. Any suggestions?

250. essellar says:

[..YouTube..] With a non-destructive editor you need to “bake” the reversed/reverbed track first before reversing it again. That’s what David meant by “bouncing down” in this video — it creates a new track with the reverb effect “baked in” rather than remaining a track effect.

251. adrikooos says:

[..YouTube..] We Are 2012..Bro Get a New Pc (Lapto) Plz :) but the video its niceeee i like it ;) thnx

252. [..YouTube..] Oh my god, i was looking for that effect and couldn’t find it (I didn’t know it was called reverse reverb).Fortunately i found this video in the recommanded videos and now I have many new possibilities !Thx a lot! Keep on with the good work!

253. sonic6363 says:

[..YouTube..] Thanks for sharing, it’s an awesome effect!

254. monice313 says:

[..YouTube..] “Yall Niggas, Fraud niggas, thats this shit i dont like!” Anybody else realized pusha T used this lol

255. RobHiness says:

[..YouTube..] EYELELEYEEYAYAAAY

256. [..YouTube..] DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT SONG THAT SAMPLE IS FROM??? I KNOW IT’S BY NTANDO

257. Mark Blanc says:

[..YouTube..] that’s how “depeche mode” Personal Jesus starts :)

258. Maria Blanc says:

[..YouTube..] that’s how “depeche mode” Personal Jesus starts :)

259. [..YouTube..] that’s how “depeche mode” Personal Jesus starts :)

260. [..YouTube..] that’s how “depeche mode” Personal Jesus starts :)

261. [..YouTube..] Hello mr david. can i ask a question what is that piano like thing in your right side ? is that what you call a syntesizer ?

262. HousePod says:

[..YouTube..] I can’t “re-reverse” it?! please help :)

263. [..YouTube..] thanx so much! you are an awesome teacher! keep posting vids please!!

264. Darren Ogden says:

This was the first video that got me hooked onto your blog. I just watched it again and it’s a great effect and instantly reminds of Led Zeppelin when you play it back at the end. Thanks for sharing, keep them coming, it’s very interesting!

265. rfsent5 says:

[..YouTube..] I know you say any DAW, but w/ 20 years experience, you used mac. I get much of the youth has been wrongly taught you need one. That was part of apple’s advertising towards creative types, and think different. And due to that, mac use has been around, BUT many long term pros recognize the advantage of much of the same software or similar on pc’s will allow more power to run more plug ins for less, etc. Yet the mac myth still persists. Weird? I have over 30 years btw. And Beatles did that FX 1st

266. rfsent5 says:

[..YouTube..] What something is created on has nothing to do with music creation. Les Paul is NOT music, but an instrument to plays notes by musicians trying to make music. Music is a usually combo of melody, progressions, sometimes lyrics tied together that makes people feel things. People create that. And an editor is a tool for musicians just like a word editor is a tool for a story author. Editors don’t write books. Also I can easily create a realistic SOTW in a computer. Work in a studio, then talk

267. rfsent5 says:

[..YouTube..] You’re simply wrong. But debates with some people are worthless anyway. Some people don’t think we ever went to the moon, and nothing short of their own personal ride to the moon would ever convince them anyway. However plenty of music that sounds just as good as the simple SOTW along with instruments like a Les have been made without direct use of a Les, or the physical instruments. It amazes me how people who have never stepped foot in a recording studio love to be opinionated..

268. [..YouTube..] interesting, always something to learn

269. [..YouTube..] interesting, always something to learn

270. 1111aitken says:

[..YouTube..] Ah y si este verano no quieres pasar calor, usa esta gorra con energia solar ! – Jose Maria Castells en Max Mix 11

271. maddog36525 says:

[..YouTube..] kanye version of chief keef usedd this effect

272. zaire james says:

[..YouTube..] kanye version of chief keef usedd this effect

273. Gary Gaiter says:

[..YouTube..] DAMN I BEEN TRYING TO FIND OUT HOW TO DO THAT FOR A VERY LONG TIME..THANKS BRUH

274. boyrazak says:

like u toturial…

275. v1ck1985 says:

[..YouTube..] starts at 1:47

276. ben2nd says:

[..YouTube..] What do you mean by bounce?? I am quite new to the Producing world lol

277. Van Kreiger says:

278. [..YouTube..] a little help please. i dont have reverse in my Functions tab. im Using Logic Pro 9.

279. Jeruel O says:

280. AK87Berlin says:

[..YouTube..] Please check my Hip-Hop beat and tell me how you like it:/watch?v=0wRiU1hG_44

281. darth15 says:

[..YouTube..] I cant revers it after i have bounced it. Can anyone help?

282. Victor Rose says:

[..YouTube..] omfg I love that sound!

283. wowforreeel says:

[..YouTube..] man that’s cool. i know the sound and it never occurred to me where it came from. awesome info.

284. Dastin Dimaz says:

[..YouTube..] what the software are u using?

285. DJPHARAO281 says:

[..YouTube..] nice dude :)

286. r3d0r30 says:

[..YouTube..] hey bro, sorry for asking, i’m new for logic pro.i wanna ask you how to set the plug in off? as shown in your video at 3.56..Thanks. you can send me an email if you don’t mind to reo_fransisco@hotmail.comGod bless.

287. r3d0r30 says:

[..YouTube..] hey bro, sorry for asking, i’m new for logic pro. i wanna ask you how to set the plug in off? as shown in your video at 3.56.. Thanks. you can send me an email if you don’t mind to reo_fransisco@hotmail.com God bless.

288. JBshotJL says:

[..YouTube..] The Closed Captions for this is absolutely hilarious.

289. [..YouTube..] the background song reminds me of dead prez – hip hop

290. DjWarpedcore says:

[..YouTube..] aaahhh right thats how you do that was trying to figure this out the other day for one of my tunes lol CHEERS!!!!! ! stumbled across this looking something else up

291. TiranHitzTv says:

[..YouTube..] CHECK THE BEATZ ON MY CHANNEL

292. randombaz says:

[..YouTube..] Jeez, its just wet reverb reversed after all this talking

293. Hudzan says:

[..YouTube..] What does the term “bounce” mean?

294. Mitch Saunig says:

[..YouTube..] Do you get annoyed by all of the ads on Youtube? Well, they need to hear what you think, tell them here bit.ly/RtRaUk?=wmckaaThey are giving away Apple Macbooks to the first 1,000 that answer the 5 easy questions!

295. Mitch Saunig says:

[..YouTube..] Do you get annoyed by all of the ads on Youtube? Well, they need to hear what you think, tell them here bit.ly/RtRaUk?=wmckaa They are giving away Apple Macbooks to the first 1,000 that answer the 5 easy questions!

296. [..YouTube..] Sign me please.

297. [..YouTube..] before i ask my question, i have to say you are awesome for sharing your knowledge. The one thing i would like to know is, a good formula for creating a bass for a melody, i tried so many different ways but none of them seem to work.

298. [..YouTube..] before i ask my question, i have to say you are awesome for sharing your knowledge. The one thing i would like to know is, a good formula for creating a bass for a melody, i tried so many different ways but none of them seem to work.

299. [..YouTube..] before i ask my question, i have to say you are awesome for sharing your knowledge. The one thing i would like to know is, a good formula for creating a bass for a melody, i tried so many different ways but none of them seem to work.

300. JayyR209 says:

[..YouTube..] Thanks man, this actually helped me alot! Respect!

301. SebZoso says:

[..YouTube..] Jimmy Page claims to have invented this effect

302. Jazz Goa says:

[..YouTube..] cool

303. [..YouTube..] I too didn’t know till i just googled it. It means to render/convert. It’s the LOGIC term of of exactly that.

304. [..YouTube..] Good fast tutorial bro. Very helpful. Thanks

305. luchiboy says:

[..YouTube..] Good fast tutorial bro. Very helpful. Thanks

306. Hudzan says:

[..YouTube..] Thanks!

307. YoungAdamM says:

[..YouTube..] I’ve always heard this in songs, the most recent song was in Kanye West – I Don’t Like, but i never knew how to make the effect. So thank you so much for sharing this :)

308. antichris78 says:

[..YouTube..] very simple and effective, thanks!

309. Anti Chris says:

[..YouTube..] very simple and effective, thanks!

310. Chris L says:

[..YouTube..] very simple and effective, thanks!

311. [..YouTube..] great tutorial there, thanks for sharing (:O)~~~

312. verbotenco says:

[..YouTube..] Steve Vai himself testified that he witnessed Frank Zappa doing that tape cutting and sticking to create that effect.

313. predasus says:

[..YouTube..] it’s used similarly to “render” in this instance

314. agentsteell says:

[..YouTube..] anyone know what the reverb plugin is? nice lesson and trick btw ;) thnx

315. MixyTV says:

[..YouTube..] convert all the effects and the audio file it’s self into a separate audio file like when you have finished doing a full mix and you make it a Mp3 you have bounced it into a mp3 file with all the effects that you have added

316. MixyTV . says:

317. shimmy307 says:

[..YouTube..] Just fancy slang for exporting something.

318. Jason Reyes says:

[..YouTube..] know there are like a million of these comments but here goesHi my name is Jason Reyes and i do covers of songs.Im 21 years in age and i have been singing for about 10 years.If you could take some time of your life to check my videos.I assure you it will be fun and nice to hear.I put a lot of hardwork into this..hope you like it!!

319. [..YouTube..] Im very curious as to how much you paid for that add … its very effective and followed me for many pages . well done sir . advertisement money spent well . great video btw.

320. Netty music says:

321. bromatik says:

[..YouTube..] hi, i’m a french beatmaker and i also make beats, i wouldr really appreciate if you come on my channel to see my last video named “Bromatik making a beat – Naiwobee”. this is a chillout shit let’s enjoy !! peace

322. [..YouTube..] Very cool indeed David!!

323. [..YouTube..] Very cool indeed David!!

324. [..YouTube..] Cool channel, have any videos on Presonus Studio One? I have the audio box but Studio One is hard for me. I use Mixcraft but it is sketchy

325. H leroy says:

[..YouTube..] your a gentleman. thanks i will try it out makes perfect sense.

326. CoolCoraline says:

[..YouTube..] thankyou for uploadin this!

327. [..YouTube..] thankyou for uploadin this!

328. BeatGenerals says:

[..YouTube..] Dope work!Want to learn the secrets producers like T-Minus, Mike Will Made It, Lex Luger and others are using in FL Studio? Visit my channel now for FL Studio beat tutorials now!

329. earloberman says:

330. [..YouTube..] I tried bouncing the file like you did but it didn’t work. When I opened it in the bin there were no sound waves on the file. Any ideas?

331. [..YouTube..] Export the track/song

332. BeatGenerals says:

[..YouTube..] Awesome job.. We have Fruity Loops tutorials in the styles of Lex Luger, Just Blaze, and way more on our page!!

333. Alex Taylor says:

[..YouTube..] My Uncle was in a band at Uni and told me that when they used to record on tapes they had to ‘bounce’ their mixes across. I hadn’t heard the term used outside of computer-mixing, and asked what it meant. He said it meant putting two stereos next to each other, with one playing and one recording, and recording a track from one on to the other.

334. fhos98 says:

[..YouTube..] create a sample of the audio from the daw

335. fhos98 says:

[..YouTube..] create a sample of the audio from the daw

336. P Killa says:

[..YouTube..] Nothing wrong with the intro, a lil bit of history is a + not a bug.

337. robotchas says:

[..YouTube..] Neither is being able to fast forward.

338. wheelman1324 says:

[..YouTube..] How did Jimmy Page use this in Whole Lotta Love?

339. [..YouTube..] In Logic, when you “bounce”, you covert MIDI data or other audio data routed to the master outputs into one file/track (ie. MP3, WAV etc) :)

340. DrokasMashUp says:

[..YouTube..] Thank you so much!! Been trying to figure this effect’s name and tutorial for quiet some time =_=

341. Zach Pfeif says:

[..YouTube..] The south African accent is just the coolest ever!

342. [..YouTube..] Jimmy Page used it on “When the Levee Breaks”

343. [..YouTube..] very helpful videos, thanks! we’re making and posting videos on youtube too, hope you’ll watch, or even better like, our videos about south african chiefs from shaka and cetshwayo to moqama and john dunn!

344. [..YouTube..] very helpful videos, thanks!we’re making and posting videos on youtube too, hope you’ll watch, or even better like, our videos about south african chiefs from shaka and cetshwayo to moqama and john dunn!

345. TheKiwiPants says:

[..YouTube..] dope beat at the beginning. Did you make it?

346. [..YouTube..] THANKYOU! <3

347. Gonzalo C says:

[..YouTube..] Very well explained. Useful and simple… Thanks a lot

348. askxjl says:

[..YouTube..] I’ve watched this video at least 10x in the past three years… this guy is super corny… but this is such an awesome tip :D

349. arete King says:

[..YouTube..] Always wanted 2 know how to do this, thnx man.

350. FreeMind4Ev says:

[..YouTube..] useful trick, thanks a lot David

351. [..YouTube..] useful trick, thanks a lot David

352. BoscovPlays says:

[..YouTube..] Very Useful and helpful@ Thank you!

353. drkastenbrot says:

[..YouTube..] This is used often in Mako – Our Story

354. [..YouTube..] really helpful, thanks Reverse Reverb effect in logic or FL studio or any DAW

355. [..YouTube..] helpful mate